b units

cncbill

Expert Expediter
I been thinking of buying and signing on a 1 ton van. I have in the past, teamed a "d" unit, but want something with less overhead so i can drive solo. I figure if i cant find any freight, at least in a van i could afford to D/h home and wait for a load offer. I was hoping i could get some info on what $ per mile the van drivers been getting, and what companys would be good for a van. I drove for fed-ex white glove, and a few months for Con-way now....I appreciate all the help you could give...Bill.. Kent,Ohio [email protected]

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
hey, cnc. My van and I get 77 pennies per mile from Panther. The FSC is all over the map. Don't know what the other carriers pay. I hear FECC pays about $12.00 per mile, but don't know for sure. Check with the different carriers how much they pay, and are they taking on vans at this time. Good luck
:+ :+

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
My bad. Sorry, but it's been several months since I have spoken to a FECC van driver. You guys must have gotten a slight increase since then.
:+ :+

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
My 2005 loaded mile, with fsc included, average in a FedEx Custom Critical van was $1.22

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well come on... Do you really believe I could make an average $35/mile?

It is more like $32.65/mile.

Ok...... I'll stop..... it is more like Terry's average, $1.31/mile.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Since cost of living is so darn low now, I guess Terry and Greg only need about 400 miles a week.

Sure wish I were in there shoes, lucky dogs,XX&$#% I mean guys.