Aux generators

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm aware that Aux has gone out of business. I'd like to hear from those of you that have them. Are you getting parts? Has anyone lost the use of their generator due to not being able to get a part?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Hey Star
Call Bobby Snyder at Fyda. I talked to him last week and he said there is a guy with a company that has all the parts ect.
There number is on the homepage.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
As far as filters go you can get those at NAPA

Air filter 2716
Fuel filter 3389
Oil filter 1034

Alumi bunk i believe has a stockpile of parts,but i have heard that they are gouging the prices on them.(i know of someone that they tried to charge $500.00+ just for a starter.)Ours is inoperable now due to the electronics involved.I am thinking of having the guys at TSI western star remove the electronic controls and make it work manually.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
DD
Bobby Snyder did say this guy has new electronics with a new wiring harness. Might be worth a call. I only talked with him for a short while so my info is alittle limited.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

rollnthunder

Expert Expediter
Mine works for now.But im considering going and having a Rigmaster put on.I for one hate dealing with alumijunk.My aux has about 3300 hrs on it.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for the info on the wiring harness dave.We talked to bobby snyder at the expo,and this will be a good excuse to touch base with him again.

unorthodoxneon

Expert Expediter
We just got our done at speedco in Dallas,TX they had the oil filter for it. So they changed the oil and filter. We need to go out and buy the fuel filter and the air filter.

Anyone know howmuch oil it holds. It didnt say on the gen so we filled it till it went to the full line :)

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was at the Detroiter when you were getting the truck. I was coming over to wish you luck when you and the owner got in and took off. Hope all is well. Isn't it time to change your signature line?

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Star,I had 4 Aux's at one point.They were an in unending problem and they cost me so much money it was a joke.
I was able to cut a deal with Alumi Junk for a trade in deal for ProHeats.Alumi is the responsible party for AUX generators,and they may help you as they did me.
So glad to see the end of that nightmare.The ProHeats have also had problems with retrofits etc.,but they are good people and support their product. Good luck.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Your story is consistant with what I've heard over the years. The truck I'm trying to get has a Pro Heat and has been updated to current specs. I've looked at a couple with Aux and when I talked to Alumibunk they said not to buy one with an Aux. If you have to fix it every time you turn around you may as well just idle. Thanks for the opinion Tall.

unorthodoxneon

Expert Expediter
Sorry about leaving if we would of known we would of stayed and talked trust me. Well hopfuly if we meet up sometime we i'll stop to talk. Heck with all the time we have been sitting i got alot of time to sit lol.

Yes i need to change my line.

unorthodoxneon

Expert Expediter
Ours right now the water pump is leaking... so we just looped the lines that go to the gen. We're going to detroit cause me on home time and stop and alumi to see what they can do with it.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Ok....stupid question. We have a truckgen with a Kabota that is 5.5K
It only holds 2.5 quarts with filter. What size engine is the Aux?

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator