Aux Gen Sets

binkleylane

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have seen alot of ads for aux gen/ heating and cooling ect. sets.
Thinking about adding one to my "D" unit and need to know whats out there and whats worth while. I have heard both good and bad... you know the routine. So... the question is whos using what and what kind of results/ service are you getting.

Thanks in advance.

Bob ( Binkleylane )

crazy

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have a Rigmaster on my truck. The performance has been outstanding.
It is a stand alone unit and I think it runs quieter than the OX.
I have had no problems with it since installed (2 years )The times that I have need advice for things, (like when I changed the fuel filter and air locked the engine) I called their service dept and they walked me thru the steps to resolve the problem.
I have read and heard some negative things about the OX, the biggest complaint was service not being available.

Wanna go broke?
Buy a truck:+

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
This is basically a ditto to Crazy's posting- The Rigmaster blows the Onnan Aux away. Rigmaster is powered by a little water cooled diesel, not a gas lawn tractor engine like Aux. It costs about $7200 installed, but definitely pays for itself over the life of the truck, esp. if you stay out for long periods of time. Heats, cools, and keeps the truck's batteries charged and can heat the truck engine block too. It is also remarkably lightweight for what it does (450lb) so it won't kill you on the scales. It has a sleeper mounted control panel.
-Weave-

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
i have had a proheat ice on my second truck and on my 2001 western star, on the first genset in 4 years saved $600.00 a month in fuel
sitter around waitting to go some place, over all saved 12,000 dollar
in fuel in 4 years and 4,000 in maintance as not having to change
oil every 250 hours or 10,000 miles and also had 6500 hundred hours on the engine and only 227 hours of idle time on the engine in 4 years
also if you run new york and and new england states they don't want you to run the engine at all the first fine is 250, next is 10,000
if you are a fedex cc o/o there is a proheat discount or a member of ooida, also.
if you don't belong or driver for above
call al smith and get your company a discount form proheat 877 628 4328
proheat has a great warranty program to
also best place toget one installed is tsi in north jackson oh ex 57
off of i76 800 388 3850 as for bill moore, take's 33 man hours to install,
also buy or lease to

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
one more thing a genset (most) in 24 hours burn 3 gal's of fuel
in stead of 1/2 gal to 1.5 gals per hour and one hour of idel time is = to 50 miles of running down the road, so it's 36 gals of fuel in
24 hours or 3 gal's in 24, take a weekend in north at -20 or in south
80 or higher and how much fuel is that going up in somke