August locations & Alien invasions

xxiv24

Expert Expediter
ONLY just starting your 3rd day?....thought you'd been there a week.....:p

don't know about the rest of the gang...but I try for $1.20 or better going in...that makes me DH money to turn and burn....

Even better, don't take a load to Dallas. :rolleyes:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Was under load till tues. Your talking van rates, I did much better than that. Going to grab a shower a bite to eat, then check in with dispatch. If nothing hapoening, the I'm out of here.

sent from my Galaxy Tab2
the kicker with that move is....outta here to where?.....We suck in Memphis...
personally I've gotten loaded out of Little Rock more then Memphis with this carrier....sounds silly...

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Memphis has been ok for me, but by time I get to memphis home is only 2 more hours. If I have had no calls by the time I get to Memphis, its home for the weekend. Try again next week.

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
g'mornin ya'll...figured I'd speak southern since you're all down south! Boy is it ever foggy up here..for the second morning in a row. Sure slows down the combining..those boys can sleep till noon with this weather because they sure can't cut when it's this wet.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
the kicker with that move is....outta here to where?.....We suck in Memphis...
personally I've gotten loaded out of Little Rock more then Memphis with this carrier....sounds silly...

Ask any carrie's sales staff- "What's the first thing you think of when you hear Memphis?" More than likely the y will say "Elvis, BBQ, and Beale Street"

Nothing about being the freight center hub for the Mid-South. Three major rail road hubs, FedEx and UPS air freight hubs, all major truck lines are there. Auto freight abounds 150 radius of Memphis. Foreign freight zone in Southaven MS. Less than a mile from the Flying J in Olive Branch are more than 5 auto shippers. SRG is big in Ripley, Dryersburg and Newburn Tn, and in Portageville, Mo. Jackson, Tn has major auto freight as well as Whrilpool, Carlise wheels and tires (the old Whrilpool Plant). Henderson Stamping just south of Jackson in Henderson, Tn.
Polly One in Jackson.
Many many more Opportunities
are there.

The Power Plant loads come out of Memphis as well.

Memphis use to be a hot place to get freight. Need boots on the ground there.

xxiv24

Expert Expediter
Ask any carrie's sales staff- "What's the first thing you think of when you hear Memphis?" More than likely the y will say "Elvis, BBQ, and Beale Street"

Nothing about being the freight center hub for the Mid-South. Three major rail road hubs, FedEx and UPS air freight hubs, all major truck lines are there. Auto freight abounds 150 radius of Memphis. Foreign freight zone in Southaven MS. Less than a mile from the Flying J in Olive Branch are more than 5 auto shippers. SRG is big in Ripley, Dryersburg and Newburn Tn, and in Portageville, Mo. Jackson, Tn has major auto freight as well as Whrilpool, Carlise wheels and tires (the old Whrilpool Plant). Henderson Stamping just south of Jackson in Henderson, Tn.
Polly One in Jackson.
Many many more Opportunities
are there.

The Power Plant loads come out of Memphis as well.

Memphis use to be a hot place to get freight. Need boots on the ground there.

Given that list, there is no reason for us to stagnate in Kansas City, Jacksonville, Fl. Or Knoxville, Tn.
Yet that is the way of it. Dallas is festooned with couriers and bottom feeders. It is very difficult to get meaningful paying loads out of there unless it is going somewhere noone else will go...Bovina Texas comes to mind. Lol.
Took one there from Dallas a couple weeks ago, thus ending my streak...dh 340 to el paso from there..sat nearly a week.. took a load to KC from there, and promptly sat another 4 days then took a load to Dallas....dh to memphis from there after nothing for 4 days...now sitting in memphis on a load that should have cancelled 2 days ago...end result...Dallas=Bad...Kansas City=Bad...El Paso=Fluke

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using EO Forums mobile app

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good Moring from Saginaw. Had a nice teaser bid load going west. Wasn't thrilled about it, but with money for an exit plan I'd go. But looks like a no go anyways. Internal Friday clock started, hate to go back home after I just left, but being 1 1/2 hrs from home, I'm not going to spend the weekend here. Besides too much football on this weekend :rolleyes:

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
We always get out of Motorola in Ft. Worth as of recently. Memphis is usually the FedEx hub. KC is a crapshoot. We usually get St. Mary's, Mo to Toma, Wi so we have not been going to KC as of late. Did take one there yesterday and turned and burned to St. Louis. Usually this area is our get out of home load so hoping it works while setting here.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Memphis is a good freight point, but it seems to depend on equipment size and type. Tractors and straight trucks seem to be the higher demand. Also seems to be a very strong point for teams. A lot of distribution out of there. We are seeing a push out of there and Nashville right now for a new customer. Some sprinter work, but 90% straight and tractor right now, but it will vary.

Had a sales rep in Nashville for a week last week knockin on some doors. Will probably hit Memphis in September.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Seeing Tx in the rearview mirror sure looks good to me!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So much for watching football. Will have to listen now. Mount Pleasant, Michigan to Columbia, South Carolina for Monday AM :)