August in Load One Nation

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When we had Payton at the Colts winning in the pre-season was a rare occurrence. Sadly so was winning in the post season but the rest of the year was fun.

GO COLTS

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Pretty busy day yesterday. Still can get busier but trending up!

My daughter loves those things. I have never actually had dippin dots. I love a sheltered life. LOL

Reactions: vandriver2

Rick007

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
Journel entry, 081715.

Day 3, New Braunfels, Tx. Finally made contact with Taylor base, they know we are out here. This brings hope in this desolate, dusty and hot wasteland. Almost lost co-driver to indigenous inhabitants, he was almost led away from the safety of our ideling outpost by crafty cologne merchants promising "old man" smells in a bottle, those heathens!

Our dipping dots supply is running low and I fear for the worst. This land is harsh and the relative relief of this "J" place is waining. All hope of rescue rests on further contact from Taylor base. We will ration the remaining dots and again eat at this "Golden Coral" if need be. Since it is the only hostel free zone we have found in our scouting attempts.

I will try to continue to make contact and leave news of our situation for as long as the strenght to do so remains.

May God and Taylor base find relief for us soon.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Just go to Buc-ee's. It's at Exit 190. You'll find religion and forget all about Taylor Base.

The New Braunfels Buc-ee's travel center is the largest convenience store in the world at 68,000 square feet. The store features 120 fuel pumps, 83 toilets, 31 cash registers, 4 Icee machines, 80 fountain dispensers, and tubing and water gear for the Guadalupe River.

They're famous for their Beaver Nuggets.

Reactions: Rick007

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
They're like Cheetos Cheese Puffs, only not cheese. They're a caramelly sugarry butterry corn puffy concoction that is so addicting that after I finished off my first bag I immediately signed up for BNA (Beaver Nuggets Anonymous), because I know if I ever fall off the wagon my life is over.

They have a dozen varieties of jerky, all of it awesome, BBQ pork sandwiches that will make you happy happy. They have a Southwest Cobb Salad that's made with fresh spinach and tomatoes, grilled chicken, black beans and a house-made corn salsa, then the whole thing is topped off with Monterey Jack cheese. It's maybe one of the healthiest things you can get at a convenience store, which will make you feel better about eating the Beaver Nuggets... and the fudge. You won't believe the fudge. They're like the Ben & Jerry's of fudge.

fudgebucees.jpg

Rick007

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
I'm starting to think Turtle may be working for Buc ee's on the side! Ack....a Buc ee's plant in the forum!!

Just kidding, that sir, is one outstanding recommendation. You may want to contact them and get some advertising cheddar........

Reactions: vandriver2