Atkins Diet

joebob1_30132

Expert Expediter
Man.. smoking.. what a thorn in my side (and a dagger in my lungs).
I wish you all the luck.. its a good thing your husband is with you on this ..that will be your greatest strength..first three days were the toughest..coldturky worked for me .tried the cut down meathod ..no luck, ..Stay as busy as you can when the urge hits.. I would walk..clean all my glass on the truck, mirrors windows, check tire pressure ..do da books.. good luck. I wish i had all my cigerette money back..carrots snacks .my favorite sunflowerseeds gum. good time to start a walking ,light exercise program..

are12

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the words of encouragement and the advice. I guess I will have to buy some carrots and celery.:p :p Gum, I have plenty of, since I always chew it anyway.

I will let you know how it is going. I am sure it will be rougher once we get back to work (we will be going back into service at 0800 this morning). So if anyone see's Jim standing along the road, you will know it is not going well.;) ;)

joebob1_30132

Expert Expediter
Ok Folks ..itss almost the end of the first month of the new year and Im asking. are we as resolved as we intended to be at the beginning of the year??? My self ..ehhh I havnt put on any but I havnt lost (Ive stopped smoking) may have something to do with it.

are12

Expert Expediter
Things aren't going as well as expected!! Jim is doing much better than I at quitting smoking - I am still smoking but cut it back to about 8 cigarettes a day. Not bad from almost 2 packs.}> }> I just can't seem to let go of the last 8. x( x(

As for the dieting, that is a lost cause for now but we need to do something soon since we both put on weight since trying to quit smoking. :'( :'( If I keep gaining, I will have to find, what my sister calls, grow with me pants!!;-)

joebob1_30132

Expert Expediter
Glad to hear of the progress folks ..smoking is tough..absolutly 8 ciggs are far better than two packs,,Having someonr around you, (that doesnt ) the way our codrives have to be sure helps ..Kuddos to him for not cracking since there is always in the back of your mind that they are in the truck ..aaaaaahhhhh.
Even the small steps are important. Afriend of mine decided to quit and not gain weight by walking to counter the need fo da food..
Build on your small success eseses (I have rotten spelling). Dont beat your self up.just get back on and Get r done. visualize your self the way you want to look and feel before you fall asleep.. Like so many things we convince ourselves we cant do ..we can easily tell ourseves we can.. drop the contraction!!

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
1988 quit smoking,drinking,you know one goes with the other,now I'm
foodaholic,lol.but i gained weight talking on the phone
In the beginning at Roberts we had to stop every 4 hours to call in,thats lots of hot dogs, over the years before qualcom
as long as I can stay away from food,I'm ok,but like in drinking,there is no bottom,and banana pudding,watch out
couple years ago,I tried just stop eating anything white,like potatoes,bread,pasta,thats for you that had your mind in the gutter.
I lost 60 lbs in 3 months,but as much as I like steak,I just couldnt eat anymore,it did take me a year to gain most of it back,just 20lbs,now I stay that 20lbs, that is higher than I lost but lower than I was and been same for 5 years now.(from 320-260-280)
after reading this,it takes to much energy to think of weight loss,ill just have to live with it,lets see diabetes,high blood presure,clothes that dont fit,some to small,some to big
chased out of the chineese buffet,you loose .1 seconds for every extra 100 lbs in a quarter mile,but you have a great sence of humor,so ill just stasy the way I am

are12

Expert Expediter
It was easy for me to quit drinking, don't miss it at all! But these darn cigarettes.....