ark ta and petro

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus

tried to stop at the w. memphis ta last night on i40 260mm for gas. the islands were coned off at the street, there was a lincoln town car up to the door sills with water along the road and the asphalt part of the lot looked like it was tearing away from the concrerte fuel island. the truck parking was covered in water and the smell of spilled diesel hung in the air. the valero across the street was pumpng d and so was the ta.

then got to n. little rock and the petro gas pump handles were all bagged and more water in the lot. diesel was pumping at the petro.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Left Crossville tn for Leola Ak at 1900 eastern last nite, rain and rain, but did not see any flooding and I was in it for about 11 hrs, guess I got lucky on the high water stuff.:D

Dabus1952

Seasoned Expediter
They have asked people to leave Memphis due to flooding. Some wont budge as the water is up to there windows.As far as TA I think that is how they rebuild now a days .Have a flood. Just like Nashville.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter

tried to stop at the w. memphis ta last night on i40 260mm for gas. the islands were coned off at the street, there was a lincoln town car up to the door sills with water along the road and the asphalt part of the lot looked like it was tearing away from the concrerte fuel island. the truck parking was covered in water and the smell of spilled diesel hung in the air. the valero across the street was pumpng d and so was the ta.

then got to n. little rock and the petro gas pump handles were all bagged and more water in the lot. diesel was pumping at the petro.

That must have been a couple days after I went through there. The TA at NLR was dry, but the waitresses were talking about having to sleep in their cars that night in the lot because they couldn't get home.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
They have asked people to leave Memphis due to flooding. Some wont budge as the water is up to there windows.As far as TA I think that is how they rebuild now a days .Have a flood. Just like Nashville.
They needed to rebuild even before the flood. LOL

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lets see fuel tanks in the ground....how they ever going to refill them tanks without water getting into them?...I wouldn't trust filling them up there...