Are you a van owner thinking about a Sprinter?

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
If so you may want to read this current issue of Landline Magazine they have an article about the Sprinter. They did a test drive and it was a decent read.

60MPH

Expert Expediter
no thoughts of buying one put will read the article when I get home for my winter carnavel break, some people call it x-mas I call it winter carnavel um hummmm!!!

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Unfortunately, they reviewed a 3500, which most would never purchase, because the GVWR would cause one to scale and log.

In the future, it would seem more appropriate for LandLine, or any other trucking magazine, to query a van driver as to which type of truck would be the better to review.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was looking at the website recently and they still have a 3500 available at 9990 gvw so you could get a 3500 that doesn't have to log. You still have the loading issue. I talked to a 3500 owner this week who built a false floor. He said he has 58" height available with it; still a lot more than a standard van but not nearly as much as a 2500.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
My rear door opening height is around 69 3/4" so if he's left with 58" clear that means he's raised his cargo floor around 12" (assuming the 3500 you refer to is a hightop and has a similar door opening)

Call me silly .... but I don't think raising a full load up that far is something I'd particularly want to do .....

Randy Wyan
Bolt Express
Unit No. C148

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am not that good at geometry but I'd think his center of gravity especially a tall skid would come into play.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
You would be surprised how a tall load will effect you center of gravity. I don't know how much 12 inches would change. Just have to be extra careful in the curves.