Are Recruiters Really the Lying Scumbags Drivers Say They Are?

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Ah Phil (W). I was hoping you'd answer this one! Loved it :)

I will attest to one thing.... with all the recruiters I've talked to over my years with EO, Phil (abcwine) was one of the two most direct, no BS guys I've ever talked to. He gave me straight answers that matched what I'd heard on here, and actually KNEW the answers without saying "I'll have to ask someone and get back to ya".... IMO Tri -State lost a good recruiter when he moved on!

(PS.. the other one was John Mueller) :p

Dale

Disclaimer: This is not an advertisment, and is only my opinion... an may not be the opinion of moderators, On Time Media, the supreme court, the Keebler Elves, the Girl Scouts or Judge Wapner. All rights reservated.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Have to agree with Rich on this one. One top notch guy.

As for this post, "Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer".

Might be better to ask a recruiter a financial question?
Maybe one on "what does ROI" mean?

TRUCKMNGR

Seasoned Expediter
Alright, I will be the one to stick my neck out here and give my 2 cents. While I do think the wording here is quite harsh I do have to agree with a couple of the posts replies in that a recruiters reputation is usually due to the drivers actions and whether they were beneficial or not. Keep in mind yes I help recruit drivers for my company but I come at it from a drivers background after driving and being an O/O for about 16 years. I am not going to say I agree with everyones tactics for recruiting but some may not agree with mine. I tend to be more old school, not dressed up in company plastered shirts, etc toting a laptop. I tend to throw on the jeans and hang out where drivers would and have a good face to face chat about trucking in general. I also am not one for giving out information that is not true. My opinion is being the Driver Manager for my company if I recruit you with bogus promises then I have to face you all the time going forward. I think some can give information promising the world to get drivers in the door knowing phewww I will never see that guy again. I mean truthfully, how many times have you signed on someplace and had your recruiter actually keep up with you? If you have had a good recruiter/mentor kudos to the company but I can recall in my years once I was in I never saw the recruiter again.
All in all I hate that anyone feels this way about any recruiter because there is a job to be done, but it all depends how the recruiter goes about doing it. Where will you catch me recruiting? Wont catch me at the truck stop in the slowest time of the year in expedite but you will find me usually going down the road to different industry functions on the radio givin bear reports along with the rest of my fellow drivers.. If you happen to see the vehicle with the company recruiting information and ask, I will take it to another channel and chat with ya.. So, are you all going to be gentle on me for sticking my neck out here?

Time Out

Seasoned Expediter
I can tell you from experience that "Big Al" from All-State Express speaks the truth. He is a "NO BS" kind of guy! What he has told us, we could carry it to the bank. The whole, All State Express group has been great to work with. We could not ask for a better working relationship than with Al and ASE! They will go that extra mile and then some!