Are all truckers mad and depressed?

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'll join OVM in the doing O.K. club. In my case, just barely O.K. But, O.K. Paying the bills, but that's about it. In the current climate, that'll do. It does help that I operate like xo6 talked about. When it's busy, I run.

It's funny how often people that are hung up on "putting the past behind them" are that way because they were, uhh, controversial in the past. Yeah, I'll be diplomatic and use the word "controversial".

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
Thank you.Now I have one more question.Panther did the new rule (bord position based by %) without giving us some time (one -two weeks) to fix that %. Now I have 58% and i'm stuck in Atl. I would like to take any load just to fix my % but with the new rule I never be number one to get a load.What can I do?thanks:confused:

This is why i say hubs use to be king and are not any longer for several reasons.one is that if your sitting number 4 on a 6 plus a day and it gets to be around noon your position is going to start dropping even if your at 100% acceptance because all the mini runs that picked up at 8 and 9 are now unloading and the first outs are popping into play. look to the south west of there there are a few one a days find one that is empty and go there. If you have a really low amount of offers the bright side is that one run can adjust your 10 or so percentage points.

I'm not what I would consider making a killing, this is the high side of surviving, maybe, killing was back in OCT when we wear running 4k-something to almost 5k a week that was a killing both money and body wise.

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Doing ok, have been getting some miles .... but I certainly wouldn't say I was "making a killing".

aileron

Expert Expediter
You guys are the first saying that. Good to know that not everyone is one or the other. BTW, my comment was mostly about expediters that I meet on the road.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
ya know WE chose to do this profession and waiting is part of the game...why moan and groan about something we know is part of that game...it is not productive and just makes one more miserable to dwell on it...We've met quite a few M &Ger's in our time....its nice to met someone who'll say something like I am on a down curve but the up curve maybe a load away...:)

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
Drivers,

Always, always, keep a little madness in your mind,
because no one in the world knows how to tax that.:D

Well, not true. If you get mad enough, they put you in a insane asylum and the rest who think they are sane have to pay taxes to keep you in there. :D :rolleyes:

flattop40

Expert Expediter
I have been doing this for a year and a half. I didn't know you could make a killing in this. Been doing ok since day one. I will have good weeks and bad but over all doing ok and paying the bills and this day in age not such a bad thing.

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
I have been doing this for a year and a half. I didn't know you could make a killing in this. Been doing ok since day one. I will have good weeks and bad but over all doing ok and paying the bills and this day in age not such a bad thing.

I think your just hiding your madness with your sunglasses. Take them off so we can see how mad you are really. ;)