April Showers , Locations & More

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A little?
I really need to up my game if I’m only a “little” sensitive.

Going to be doing another slow roll through Nitro, WV in protest!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Lol ... I have been Empty for 2 hours. I checked the "App " and seen I was no.3 in the area , and we haven't got a load out of there in 14 days . So instead of watching TV for 4 days I am gone fishing...

...$$$$

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
2nd load for the week (another shorty), booked for Friday :rolleyes:

7 consecutive weeks since I even came close to hitting my minimum weekly goal.

It's not looking good, if things don't turn around fast. Simple math says May could be the crusher that puts me under or forces a change/exit.

On the bright side, we still have about 2 1/2 months till the next slow down period....:dash2:

sinking_ship1.jpg

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Stress is at an all time high, and because of that, tempers easily flare.
Perhaps it's time to bring out a layoutshooter method of solving problems like this.
Thats right boys and girls, its time to have a ... Hunker.

What can be better than beer and grilling red meat over an open fire.
1200x630wb.png

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I found winter. And, 3 foot of snow

Its turning here tho. Never got colder than half a degree above freezing. Still raining.

I'm told "please don't feed the bears" no worries there, I don't share with others well...

Going to head back to some form of civilization. Hopefully, with enough fuel (and hopefully an open station waiting) I don't like the price here :p

Yes it's a "city" but the population is 45,000 lol. I took a pic over the only streetlight bright enough to see, they need to put led's in the rest of town

See the country (by night.)

20190418_214848.jpg

Worst pic ever. Anybody curious, the north of Ontario is a bunch of rocks and a bunch of trees. And, 30,000 lakes

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
2nd load for the week (another shorty), booked for Friday :rolleyes:

7 consecutive weeks since I even came close to hitting my minimum weekly goal.

It's not looking good, if things don't turn around fast. Simple math says May could be the crusher that puts me under or forces a change/exit.

On the bright side, we still have about 2 1/2 months till the next slow down period....:dash2:

View attachment 18919
That's how I felt last June through August .
A simple change of scenery helped me refocus and now I am finishing up plans to strip off 2 layers of Old Shingles on house and replacing with Steel. The target date is set for during the July shutdown. Either attend the EO Expo (lol) or save over $3,000. doing the Roof work myself.
In this Business , Failure of Planning turns into a plan of Failure.

...$$$$

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Far north Walmart bag of cashews = $14 :wtf:

Now to hit 3 hours of darkness, and choose my death: head on collision, or avoiding head on collision to fall to the rocks below (no curb, just cliff)

Just kidding. I don't need to do 140 in an 80 like the locals.

Really sobering to see all the roadside memorials here, seems like every 500 feet

Happy Easter weekend everybody! Hope you all get something to deliver n then family time

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Back than, things were so much different, friendlier, not as dog eat dog. Rates were good. Business was consistent. It was somewhat predictable. Now? Even Steve Harvey and Cleo would have a hard time figuring this business out. Stress is at an all time high, and because of that, tempers easily flare.
Just remember, we are living through what will be somebody's "good old days" 5 years from now. Every industry changes. We adapt or move on. Don't get worked up over things that can't be controlled. As I drive around I see closed plants, big & small, everywhere. Those people didn't leave the planet, they adapted. And, so shall we. I no longer follow one of the popular FB expediting sites, but I am told that John Elliott joined in a discussion on the financial status of many expeditors and how the industry may be headed for a shake up soon.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, so we deadheaded to Lake Park, GA and got a run on Tuesday from Baxley to Augusta. Had we stayed in Cordele we would have saved about $20 in gas by not making a big V on Georgia roads. Oh well.

Wednesday gave us a good run: Savannah to Westbury, NY. The peeps gave us $75 for tolls; we’ll see if it was enough. I tell ya what, though: I didn’t pay no stinking $19 to go over the Throgs Neck Bridge! I gladly suffered a little bit of Manhattan to go over the 59th Street Bridge for free; that’s enough to make two miles of Long Island City look good . Did, however, spend an eternity in Chinatown and Tribeca trying to get to the Holland Tunnel; probably would have been the same uptown if I’d tried to take the Lincoln.

When we got out of NYC I said to Nancy, “well it was fun being back in the City, let’s never do that again”

Now at the TA in Bloomsbury. I’d like to get a run out, but if not, the house is only 101 miles away

guido4475

Not a Member
Just remember, we are living through what will be somebody's "good old days" 5 years from now. Every industry changes. We adapt or move on. Don't get worked up over things that can't be controlled. As I drive around I see closed plants, big & small, everywhere. Those people didn't leave the planet, they adapted. And, so shall we. I no longer follow one of the popular FB expediting sites, but I am told that John Elliott joined in a discussion on the financial status of many expeditors and how the industry may be headed for a shake up soon.

I am not on Facebook, Instagram, or Messenger. Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg are too intrusive into our lives. True, not getting worked up over the smallest of things is great advice. I used to be that way. As many would beg to differ, I really am a laid back guy.

Times change? Sure do. The amount of closed automotive plants is astounding. Virginia Beach Ford, St. Louis Ford, Chrysler in Newark, De, The one in Jersey, just to name a few. Cutbacks and finding ways to make a product with less manpower.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Hey Harry! NYC is a pain, but mostly because of the parkways we can't drive on. I usually pay the toll and take the VZ bridge, that way if highway backs up I can take surface streets through Brooklyn into Queens. Hope you get a

guido4475

Not a Member
Lol ... I have been Empty for 2 hours. I checked the "App " and seen I was no.3 in the area , and we haven't got a load out of there in 14 days . So instead of watching TV for 4 days I am gone fishing...

...$$$$

Excellent use of the app! Its amazing how some do not take advantage of all it has to offer.

You watch t.v. for 4 days? My, you must really be bored at times!...lol..

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey Harry! NYC is a pain, but mostly because of the parkways we can't drive on. I usually pay the toll and take the VZ bridge, that way if highway backs up I can take surface streets through Brooklyn into Queens. Hope you get a

Worst part about the parkways is that Apple Maps doesn’t know I can’t use them. Sure, the Goethals to the Verrazano would be a lot faster, but if I can’t use the Belt, why bother? Coming out, I wanted to take 78 out to Bloomsbury, so only the Lincoln or the Holland really made sense.

As far as a whale, we’ll have to see...

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator

...$$$$

I have my disc golf bag. It’s like ball golf, except it’s free so long as you have discs.