April Showers , Locations & More

guido4475

Not a Member
I am guessing your no.4 type is similar to this picture posted by a Prominant EO member on FB .(yes I borrowed it ) .View attachment 18912

...$$$$

Me being a former potato chip distributorship owner. I can confirm that that is an old Herr's potato chip route truck. The rear doors have obviously been altered, however. What blows me away is that someone would feel comfortable putting their freight on something like that, let alone hire that on with a company.

On a separate note, an excellent pre- marriage movie for the bride to be to watch (should be required) is "Broken Vows". That'll make her think twice about cheating. What an excellent movie! Just got done watching it.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Then, of course, yellow box trucks & 15 year old sprinters. Of course we know they will swallow any loads.
emoji41.png
HEY!!

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And thus you proved my example of why this Location & Banter thread works .
We all are allowed to post our Opinion, daily thoughts, locations , discussions back and forth (non political) , sight seeing photos, Humorous pictures and jokes , etc.
It's a place to relax (possibly) ..
Will there be a post here or there that upsets a person ? Heck yes , but either we can choose to be Growup and bite your tongue with No Comment or Fuel the fire . I will be the First to admit that I've started some Bon-fires . But I have also thrown water on alot more ...
I am Not as Perfect as Some of You , but I also Never will Stoop to that level .
As for that Nasty EO Troll , I am sure his/hers Cousin will show back up soon ...

...$$$$

It's amazing when some preach tolerance, they display just how intolerant they are ...
Ok, I get your point. I'm not even gonna debate this anymore. I'm not biting my tongue and I wasn't splashing any fuel.

I'm glad WOM doesn't appear to be sour. It's friendly banter .. nothing more, nothing less.

Reactions: Hummer53

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Grizzzzz.......
You emphatically state that you don't need to talk about rates, yet, every paragraph above mentions rates?? As for Carrier Love, I see 4 types on here

Big carrier, L1 for example, the O/O is like a wife, married to the carrier

Small carrier, CRE, not married but more like the "other woman" that gets the trinkets left over from the wife

multi carrier, which I consider woman that sleeps around allowing all the men to enjoy her fruits without building a relationship.

Then, of course, yellow box trucks & 15 year old sprinters. Of course we know they will swallow any loads.

But, I get your point about cheerleading. As I said, I copy and paste from my personal FB page, which is seen by my friends, all 22 of them! I will take more time to write just to EO.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Wow .... like wow ... lol I'm speechless, I'm not really sure where to start.
Ok, here goes ...

Does your mortality extend to your carrier's business contacts? Meaning, will you only handle freight from certain sources your carrier uses? Does your carrier only handle freight from 1 single source/broker or many? Load board freight is load board freight, does it really matter which carrier it's booked through? It's all the same freight ..

Only #4 will take any load ..? If Freddy Krueger calls your carrier with a load paying $2 per mi ... you my friend are going to pick it up! lol

Whether someone owns 1 vehicle or 5 ... or 10. I think it's important to see what the carrier brings to the table.

Sales dept/direct customers, insurance, safety/compliance, etc = top tier!

As I mentioned, I made the capital investment to purchase a vehicle & I pay my own insurance. The secondary carriers I work with, WORK FOR ME! .. not the other way around. What do they bring to the table? It's not an adversarial relationship. I've had really good relations with all my carriers, made some good contacts .... it's a subtle distinction. A way of doing business, so to speak ..

You have a very narrow focus on how your vehicle can earn income. Expedited freight, through this one single carrier. I don't have that narrow view, on the contrary my vehicle and services are for hire! Highest bidder gets serviced not the lowest.

Glad you have a flaming bromance with your carrier! :pokepoke:

Last edited:
Reactions: brokcanadian

guido4475

Not a Member
Denver, CO .... couple of months ago ...
Please take notice of the gvw on the door :D

View attachment 18915

Many of those were either 10,000 gvw, or 12,300 gvw. I see quite a few of those with individual numbers like they sell at Walmart spelling out "under 10,000 gvw" on the bottom of the door. They make it so obviously suspicious....lol.. yes, I see some missing zeros on the door bottom.

I think what needs to be done is they need to be checked for proper insurance coverage by the DOT. The proof they carry with them that has the vin # may not be authentic, and the insurance company /agent needs to be called to verify that individual unit is covered. I dont know how true it is, but I've heard where they use 1 certificate of insurance and pass it along to others, supposedly.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A special time in truckers life, 45 years ago Pres. Nixon institutes a 55MPH max national speed limit to reduce fuel consumption.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

The Trick actually wanted 50mph, but because of Watergate (then still in progress), Congress wouldn’t give him what he wanted. They passed the 55. It was supposed to be in effect for only a year or so, but because road deaths declined it ended up getting baked in. It took 13 years to get rid of it.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Trick actually wanted 50mph, but because of Watergate (then still in progress), Congress wouldn’t give him what he wanted. They passed the 55. It was supposed to be in effect for only a year or so, but because road deaths declined it ended up getting baked in. It took 13 years to get rid of it.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Wasn't 55 chosen inpart due to pressure from trucking groups as this being the slowest a truck can go in high gear?