April 2020

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Soooo, we have some customers requiring gloves be worn? So they think gloves will protect you from spreading the virus? They won't.

If you're wearing gloves, and you touch anything that has coronavirus (or any other cooties) on it, then everything those gloves touch after that will then also have coronavirus on it. Much better to wash or sanitize your hands frequently.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone wearing gloves touch their face, thinking that as long as their fingertips are coronavirus free, then so are the gloves. Bet they wouldn't do that if the gloves were covered in dog poop.

And I'll bet 80% of people wearing gloves these days have no idea how to correctly remove the gloves without touching them.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
No argument but I dont think I am going to change Ford or others requirements at this point. I guess if 20% get it right is still helps some what. I think we are going to see a lot of this from businesses and states as they look to move to soft openings.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I see it a lot in restaurants where everybody is wearing gloves, and they think as long as their hands stay clean inside those gloves they can do whatever they want and still make food while wearing those nasty gloves. :eek:

Reactions: RoadTime

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
So we have people who, instead of turning down a quote offer they don't want, they simply ignore it and don't respond?

You know, if you start putting people OOS for that, ("you didn't respond at all, so we have to assume you're unavailable") that'll stop that crap in a heartbeat.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Which only SLOWS the process and helps the competition...... smh

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If they don't explicitly Accept the quote offer, either by explicitly rejecting or it ignoring it, it's effectively the same as rejecting it, so give 'em a turn down, anyway. :JC-hysterical: