April 2017 locations & Gossip

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning from Hamburg NY Walmart...

while at the border crossing getting back in I was informed my Green Card expires next month...fella gave me the direct number to call local CIS office, which was pretty nice of him.. ..since they are pretty skimpy with that info on the website...anyways a whooping $540.00 just to renew the card that includes a biometrics charge $85 for fingerprints....like really...I thought they never changed?.....they open at 8am....

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
First layoutshooter, then fastman, now you....... I'm still here until october at the earliest.
Dang .... i am going to be Bored the next 3 years .... well Kinda ..

hauling freight from a Pond near you

Think you forgot me, either after Fastman or before, We retired in June of last year !!!!!!!!!!
but you still a fleet owner and actively manage your trucks?....you just retired from driving?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

while at the border crossing getting back in I was informed my Green Card expires next month...fella gave me the direct number to call local CIS office, which was pretty nice of him.. ..since they are pretty skimpy with that info on the website...anyways a whooping $540.00 just to renew the card that includes a biometrics charge $85 for fingerprints....like really...I thought they never changed?.....they open at 8am....
well the number the nice fella gave me was a dead end...ONLY if you know the persons ext does one get thru...no live person..ended up calling National Call center...and they could only refer me to a pay for hire outside consultant to help fill out the App....gee whiz...NOT user friendly...no wonder people stay illegal! LOL

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Thank you so much, you will enjoy yours soon and you have worked hard also. Shoot everyone works hard in this crazy occupation !!!!!! LOL

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thank you so much, you will enjoy yours soon and you have worked hard also. Shoot everyone works hard in this crazy occupation !!!!!! LOL
not too many make it to our level...it takes hard work a ton of hours at the wheel, and lots lots of patience and luck!

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator

Why don't you just get your citizenship?

I used to travel to Europe often in the past with my green card and coming back was always more hassle than it needed to be. After I got my citizenship I was pleasantly surprised when the first time I flew back to the states and just a couple of questions asked and 'Welcome home.'

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

I used to travel to Europe often in the past with my green card and coming back was always more hassle than it needed to be. After I got my citizenship I was pleasantly surprised when the first time I flew back to the states and just a couple of questions asked and 'Welcome home.'

Because In the oath I REFUSE to renounce my country! If I am allowed dual citizenship why must I renounce?...I have a hard time with that...

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Because In the oath I REFUSE to renounce my country! If I am allowed dual citizenship why must I renounce?...I have a hard time with that...
Yeah, I remeber I questioned that also.

I am a dual citizen, but it hasn't helped me in any way yet.

One time I was flying to Europe with a stop over in Stuttgart, Germany. They had 2 lines at the customs, one for EU citizens and one for others. The flight originated in the US so the majority of the passengers went to the 'other'. Since I had both passports with me I went to the EU line. The officer saw my US passport and asked me why I didn't get in the other lone. I told him because I have this and I showed him the the other passport. He took both my passports, set the other one aside, stamped my US passport and I was on my way. My other passport expired but I haven't had the need to renew it again.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, I remeber I questioned that also.

I am a dual citizen, but it hasn't helped me in any way yet.

One time I was flying to Europe with a stop over in Stuttgart, Germany. They had 2 lines at the customs, one for EU citizens and one for others. The flight originated in the US so the majority of the passengers went to the 'other'. Since I had both passports with me I went to the EU line. The officer saw my US passport and asked me why I didn't get in the other lone. I told him because I have this and I showed him the the other passport. He took both my passports, set the other one aside, stamped my US passport and I was on my way. My other passport expired but I haven't had the need to renew it again.

Payment submitted for renew Green Card/LPR....process has started...:p

Reactions: brokcanadian

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
My mom's green card will expire this year and she has no interest in applying for citizenship so I would like to know how painful the process of renewing the green card is. Keep me posted if you don't mind.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
My mom's green card will expire this year and she has no interest in applying for citizenship so I would like to know how painful the process of renewing the green card is. Keep me posted if you don't mind.

so far the app is easy online....just skip the upload section to E Sign and pay and submit....an agent will get back to her by mail or phone....they advise it takes 4-5 months to process...best start soon
Homepage

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

He's Canadian for goodness sake!

If he was from someplace else, i might feel different, but from Canada..... No problemo.