April 2017 locations & Gossip

TSXpress2015

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Loaded Seguin, TX to Louisville, KY. Shipper had one of those lift docks, kinda different.
I sat there 2 days, and this morning dispatch said to take a chance in houston....i leave and there's a load right where I was sitting, and I needed to be home by Saturday, so I waited in Houston until 6pm and headed north, EMPTY. haha. Win some, lose some. Safe travels NB

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Is there such a thing as too much maintenance?

Replaced engine wiring harness, steering u joint, all 4 shocks & mounts, transmission control board and plug, blower motor, coolant pump, alternator, starter, battery, e brake cables and rear backing plates, rear speed sensor, 2 brake lines, wiper arm and not to mention the oil changes, transmission and differential fluid, air and fuel filters, tires, that's in the last year. I'm planning water pump and the spaghetti mess of hoses with factory espar, new rotors and brakes, brake hoses, and trans fluid and differential again. And a power steering flush, flushed the brakes.

There's 218,000 miles on the van. Am I nuts?
I haven't done this much maintenance on my sprinter in 775k miles, but I bought it new and I drove it like I owned it. Makes a bit of difference.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
As expected, KC sux! Just spent time at the Harry Truman Library in Independence Missouri. An EXCELLENT decision. Very interesting history, especially the complete gutting and rebuilding of the White House in 1950.

So, if you are stuck in KC, spend the $8 and visit

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

LOL!!! Although KC does suck, you realized you posted this 7 hours after dropping? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Replaced engine wiring harness, steering u joint, all 4 shocks & mounts, transmission control board and plug, blower motor, coolant pump, alternator, starter, battery, e brake cables and rear backing plates, rear speed sensor, 2 brake lines, wiper arm and not to mention the oil changes, transmission and differential fluid, air and fuel filters, tires, that's in the last year. I'm planning water pump and the spaghetti mess of hoses with factory espar, new rotors and brakes, brake hoses, and trans fluid and differential again. And a power steering flush, flushed the brakes.

b7d1e48f98107d08e2f2ac574b58d50d.png

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Yes!!! 1.1 million miles and I've not done 1/2 of what you have or are planning ... wtf are you doing??? Leave it the F alone!!!!....:)