April 2017 locations & Gossip

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So at .74¢, if fuel is a loonie per liter, it's USD 2.80/gallon. At CAD 1.199, you're basically looking at USD 3.36. Smells almost like 2013 to me
We're saving the planet all by ourselves by paying the government a carbon tax for them to have better pay and vacations

That doesn't sound bitter, does it?
actually yes.....LOL cheer up....more taxes to come when ole Trump gets done with us...

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
So at .74¢, if fuel is a loonie per liter, it's USD 2.80/gallon. At CAD 1.199, you're basically looking at USD 3.36. Smells almost like 2013 to me
We're saving the planet all by ourselves by paying the government a carbon tax for them to have better pay and vacations

actually yes.....LOL cheer up....more taxes to come when ole Trump gets done with us...
Don't bet the farm on that one..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Don't bet the farm on that one..
talkin export/imports dear...

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Nah, what gave you that idea

Here in the States, it's been revealed that the average Senator spends $12 million per campaign. The yearly salary is $174k; multiplied by the 6 years of each term, each one grosses $1.04 mil. That's like spending $10 out of pocket to get back 87¢.

Could shenanigans be afoot?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Nah, what gave you that idea

Here in the States, it's been revealed that the average Senator spends $12 million per campaign. The yearly salary is $174k; multiplied by the 6 years of each term, each one grosses $1.04 mil. That's like spending $10 out of pocket to get back 87¢.

Could shenanigans be afoot?
not much value on return there...nice math BTW....:)

Reactions: brokcanadian

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I remember once reading 2 newspaper articles. One was about paying the interest on our debt...one was about tax revenues...

Suspicious, the total income tax revenue happens to equal the minimum interest payments on our national debt (almost exactly) kick the can, anyone?

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok I promised myself I wouldn't be triggered, but I blame OVM :D (free health care, I know what you meant (sarcasm) but I think most people believe it is)

This is the most accurate description I've seen on Canadian free health care, from Wikipedia

In 2009, the government funded about 70% of Canadians' healthcare costs. This is slightly below the OECD average of public health spending.[29] This covered most hospital and physician cost while the dental and pharmaceutical costs were primarily paid for by individuals.[29] Half of private health expenditure comes from private insurance and the remaining half is supplied by out-of-pocket payments. Under the terms of the Canada Health Act, public funding is required to pay for medically necessary care, but only if it is delivered in hospitals or by physicians. There is considerable variation across the provinces/territories as to the extent to which such costs as out of hospital prescription medications, physical therapy, long-term care, dental care and ambulance services are covered.[30]

Translation: buy health insurance, don't make too much in Ontario or there's a surcharge on your income taxes, and if you are still sick when you are discharged from the hospital, jump in front of a bus to get back in or its on your dime.

Sorry people, I'm getting off EO and hitting the Blue Cross website until I feel better and can play nice again :D

Reactions: jujubeans

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Attitude adjusted! Thanks OVM, completely unintended by you but your free health care statement got me on to look at some plans.

I could have 80% prescription and 80% dental along with some other perks for not too much money.

I've been to the dentist twice at 15 and at 21...21 years old the dentist was angry because I had no cavities and he could only charge $30...i'm not 21 anymore lol

Edit: and long term care insurance. Not yet for me, but the fact that it exists in Canada...its a minimum $4000 a month to be in a home here now

Any canadians with a good benefit plan, chime in here, i'm tired of feeling second class for being self employed...

Last edited: