April 2017 locations & Gossip

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not at all.

Could not replace that time with the kids tho, last del was Feb 28th. Wife says I'm stubborn cause I'd rather stay home than work in a way I don't want to.

$380 CDN for full coverage + 2 mil liability, and only $220 for 250k cargo insurance...if the "new" carrier doesn't play nice...
Somewhat expensive at $7200.
Must have $2mil. Liability, huh?
Did. Not now. But they may change their tune next week again

The cargo I'm dropping, giving them exclusive for now...can pick it up again if I have to find my own loads

BTW $7200 CAD is $5300 USD if that helps...and its way past the minimum requirements so I could drop it down for independent work

My real cost will be $3452 USD for full coverage and 2 million liability. How cheap should it be?

(Just for giggles I did the 2 mil into USD, so 1.48 million. Its pretty sue happy over there, think I'll keep it at 2 mil)

Last edited:

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

The cargo I'm dropping, giving them exclusive for now...can pick it up again if I have to find my own loads

BTW $7200 CAD is $5300 USD if that helps...and its way past the minimum requirements so I could drop it down for independent work

My real cost will be $3452 USD for full coverage and 2 million liability. How cheap should it be?

(Just for giggles I did the 2 mil into USD, so 1.48 million. Its pretty sue happy over there, think I'll keep it at 2 mil)
Didn't know loonie lost its value that much. Wasn't it equal to US Dollar at some point not too long ago?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Didn't know loonie lost its value that much. Wasn't it equal to US Dollar at some point not too long ago?
Nope the US dollar WAS high until
Now the US dollar has dropped so what

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well if I was asked if I wanted to be paid in USD or CAD id take the extra 33% in USD

I remember tho the Canadian dollar at 1.10 US...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well if I was asked if I wanted to be paid in USD or CAD id take the extra 33% in USD

I remember tho the Canadian dollar at 1.10 US...
that was a lucky shot....never ever been close since...LOL

but my Can Pension payment has been slowly increasing...so which one is up or down....?

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So at .74¢, if fuel is a loonie per liter, it's USD 2.80/gallon. At CAD 1.199, you're basically looking at USD 3.36. Smells almost like 2013 to me