Anyone running a Westinghouse iGen2200 or New Yamaha EF2200iS?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Seems like the generator market has progressed greatly from 2013 when last looking. I'm interested in both of these but leaning towards the Westinghouse iGen2200. It has a much lower price, quieter and 2 hours longer run time then the Yamaha EF2200iS.

Reactions: SimpleTrucker.com

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When did the Westinghouse come out? Look on amazon type sites for user reviews, try and get a sense of the failure rate / longevity

Personally I think Yamaha would be a close second to Honda, meaning longest life

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looks like Westinghouse dropped the igen2000 model in 2017. I'm liking the iGen2200 for the increased power. The iGen2500 might be overkill for a 9200 BTU roof top Coleman Mach 8 cub. Yes I agree the Yamaha is better quality but believe it or not the Westinghouse iGen2200 has 2 hours longer run time, you could sleep 12 hrs without refueling.
Is around 4 db quieter and is also lighter by 9 lbs and half the price. As much as I like the new Yamaha 2200 watt model I'm really thinking of going with the Westinghouse at just a little over $500. Yamaha is closer to $1100, big price difference. Westinghouse has some good reviews online and Youtube as well. Also theft, not saying it will get stolen if I chain it up but the Westinghouse is going to be much easier to part with/replaceable if they get away with it. I'll burn up a iGen2200 :wink: while I wait for Yamaha to come up on their specs. Looks like the Honda EU2200i is the quietest at 48db but is also expensive and has shorter run time. Those onboard Power Tech and Onan Generators sure are nice but not for the expense! Any other on board permanently mounted RV style options out there I'm missing out on?

Last edited:

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Please buy and let us know!

(Being able to buy 2 for the price is a strong argument)

Uh amazon says 445 USED 708 new...

Last edited:

Sharky-OTR

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I have the westinghouse and its a beast, Ive pushed it well beyond its rated watts and it kept going I got bored after 6 hours and still had half a tank in it. It was pushing 3500 watts steady and still not empty... wow... my honda cant do that.... Ive also dropped it, its rolled over and it keeps going... ( it wasnt running when it was rolled over but it tumbled out of a truck bed... But it doesnt quit. even leave it for months and it fires after the priming, ( keep it in off position pull handle 3-5 times semi slowly, then turn switch to on and yank BOOM! fires right up..)

Reactions: ntimevan and Ragman

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
I have a friend that is uses a Coleman 3000 i think....it looks just like the honda but it pushes his 14k btu ac just fine along with a microwave and toaster oven....

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Digital inverter generator? Does that change digital voltage to analog voltage? I needs me some good old analog voltage to power my IBM Selectric and fondue pot.