Anyone out there with TST Expedite???????

clearlyvisual

Expert Expediter
Are any of you guys running for TST Expedite? If so, how are things over there for a straight truck? Any miles? Were are you guys running? Would you recommend them?

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Are you Canadian?
TST Expedite is a Canadian company; heavily into automotive.

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Yes. Do you drive for TST? They also have US drivers.

No, I don't drive anymore for health reasons; but I follow the industry closely. I made the point about being Canadian as many of our American friends don't like crossing the border. The US drivers lease on to TST Expedite out of Detroit; the Canadians out of Windsor.
I guess you've seen the ads about TST having new business and new rates etc.
Is this a good time to lease onto a auto parts hauler? The auto parts industry is having a tough time between the stronger Canuck buck and falling sales at GM & Ford. There was an article in the Globe & Mail last week that GM is looking for further price cuts from it's suppliers.

clearlyvisual

Expert Expediter
Have you seen what they are paying their Canadian drivers. $1.22-$1.25 with an average of 1700 miles/week they claim, but when I asked about what their single straight trucks are grossing per year they told me between $80-$95 Can. Do the math, it doesn't add up. Am I missing something? Do you know anyone who works for them? Who did you work for? I have been trying to figure out how I can get into the expediting business for awhile now and at these numbers I would be better off staying home. Are there any other alternatives for Canadian drivers?

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Have you seen what they are paying their Canadian drivers.
>$1.22-$1.25 with an average of 1700 miles/week they claim,
>but when I asked about what their single straight trucks are
>grossing per year they told me between $80-$95 Can. Do the
>math, it doesn't add up. Am I missing something? Do you know
>anyone who works for them? Who did you work for? I have been
>trying to figure out how I can get into the expediting
>business for awhile now and at these numbers I would be
>better off staying home. Are there any other alternatives
>for Canadian drivers?

I ran out of the Airport years ago.
I don't know how the numbers add up either.
There are several other Canadian expediting firms; but if you look at the CANADA Forum; one to stay away from is Kennedy Transportation. They are the guys who run the newspapers ads offering to set you up in your own business even if you don't have any experience and make pizz pots full of money.
They run their trucks under Aberstar apparently.

FrankC

Expert Expediter
i put in about 4 years with tst, at first they were a pretty good company but as things went by they turned bad. i found a couple of things they did that annoyed me. they have alot of short loads 200 miles and less and basicially only give you one a day so if you do one a day you will go broke. another thing they say is first in first out, this is not true many times i have been in first and out second or third. their base is in the states of mi,oh,in,wi and of course canada so if you take a load to outside those areas you wont get anything back. you will deadhead slowly but surely back to the states i listed.they dont have forced dispatch but if you turn a load down you will be placed on the bottom of the list, sometimes being number 25. if you are canadian its probabley the place to be, i know the drivers i spoke to were hurting. im a us driver and usually went to canada 3 times a week. i would not work for them again. hope this helps

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A lot of their moves are for NLM and Ford. Drivers only get 50% of the fuel surcharges that are billed to customers. I'd ask a lot of questions before signing on with these guys.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
My dad's neighbors run for them. When I first started following them in August, they were running like crazy. Now it's slow moving... they sit more than they'd like. Things may pick up again for them. It is that time of year afterall.

TSXpress2015

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am about to make the move to them, so hopefully it's a good company. David the recruiting manager sent me a good amount of information, and answered every question I could think of.

zook

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I am thinking of going with them too.Cargo van.TSX, have you started yet?Anyone else have any info about them?

TSXpress2015

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I ended up not going with them...seem like a good company, but I like to run long, and most of their freights is east of the Mississippi.

Expeditious Expediter

New Recruit
Researching
That's fair, definitely longer runs are preferable. Keep ya busy.

Did you end up signing with a different company? If so I'd be curious who, especially if they're still hiring.