Anyone moving

miguy1957

Expert Expediter
Im in southern ohio, run was going to oklahoma

With the weather where you are, and in OK, I would have just sad no and stayed home for the next few days. But Im kind of a fair weather Expediter in the winter, The way freight is running for Vans, its just as cheap and alot more easy to wait it out at home untill the weather clears.
________
NEXIUM LAWSUIT

Last edited:

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
Its cold down here in Shreveport and I just got offered a 190 mile deadhead for a $200 - 200 mile load. Anyone want to buy a truck?

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I did a 350 mile run last night, picked up by the house and took 12 hours to get to St. Louis. So now I'm at the J on 255 in E. St. Louis, just slept until the crack of noon.

Last edited:

Oilerman1957

Expert Expediter
Hahahaha, I hear ya Charles, Dispatch just called me back and put off that pickup going from cincinnati to oklahoma till 10 am thurs morning, Now that i can handle.

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
I have one of my trucks sitting @ the J near Muncy, IN. They said it was a mess out there....lots of snow & ice. It's aweful here in upstate NY. We got about a foot of snow and an inch of sleet & ice. It's still sleeting out. Good day for me to get my paperwork caught up.

davelees1

Seasoned Expediter
We sat for 4 days last week in Phoenix, AZ and now have been sitting 5 days in Oakland, CA. It's a little chilly here, 65 degrees, but sunny.:cool:

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Dayton, Ohio -

Started shoveling at 8:00 AM.

2" of ice under 6" of snow.

I shoveled for 2 hours and it snowed another 2" during that time period. Oh joy! Had to go back over the driveway again.

Fired up the Espar full blast and ran the truck defrost of high due to 4" of built up ice around wiper pivot points. During the night the sleet and freezing rain slid down the windshield and built up at the bottom.

It is a mess!

Not much freight moving in West Central Ohio today.

Of course, not much freight moving anywhere.

maybe_driving

Seasoned Expediter
stay out of Springdale,AR no power and ice on the trees. I had a drop for Tyson but they are closed,so I'm getting to sit and they are paying 150.00 aday it's been two days,can we make it 3.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
We left Amarillo on Sunday - made it 120 miles, to exit 8 in OK.
Yesterday, made it 12 miles before saying screw this, and stopped in Sayre. I-35 was closed south of OK City. No reason to risk anything for being empty... or loaded, for that matter.

Today, the roads were clear in OK, and we're now in MO. I passed a bunch of em who thought it was worth risking it yesterday. Bet they changed their minds after the fact.

Saw one mangled trailer on a guardrail before an overpass. The front of the trailer was about 100' the other side of the overpass. Can only imagine how the tractor fared. :(

Bikerwoody

Seasoned Expediter
Hi folks, waiting on a new Sterling from St Thomas, anyone been hauling into there maybe they seeeen it, its only 3 months late.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
All I want to do is say thank you....

Over 1500 miles paid loaded plus 300 miles paid dead head so far this week :D:D:D