Anyone know the name of these companies running penske cube vans?

bfields115

Seasoned Expediter
I used to drive one of the Penskes... I could carry six 45x48 pallets, but rarely did... the trucks 2007 and older were 10,000 gvwr so werent subject to DOT... 2007 and newer are 12,300 gvwr for the same size truck.. I was properly insured just like all the others that ran for my carrier...so to they guy that started this thread, good luck on your witch hunt... The reason for that truck was to to have an edge on sprinters by having the ability to carry taller and wider freight, though the mpg was about half... guys running them at todays rates are not making money if that makes you feel any better... and before the hate gets too out of control, realize trucks of all shapes and sizes run illegally... but we all know that...sprinters and vans dont run overweight? larger trucks dont fudge log books? today's mess has more to do with supply and demand and double brokering than anything else..oh, and "logistics" ... maybe the whole market was inflated by the auto bail outs from a couple years ago... now with less freight and hence drivers sitting losing their minds (and brokers knowing this) rates are terrible.. skimmed down to nothing.. i have a buddy that runs dry vans non expedite and is doing well.. in a slow economy there is far less reason to ship expedite... but hey, maybe we will all be busy running concrete block and rebar down to the border to build the wall soon.. so theres a glimmer of hope
I have met many owner operators driving cube vans and doing it right, with regard to charging reasonable rates. I am not on some "witch hunt". And anyone out here not making any money does not make me feel better. The cube van drivers, as well as other types of vans that are driving for some of these companies, and getting paid like company drivers, are barely surviving, if at all. The title of the thread was to get attention and responses from people who know what the thread means, as in people who have been doing this work for some time. And again, the reason the cube van gets put on the pedestal is because it can compete with a class b, c, or d vehicle. Over loaded and underpaid.

Reactions: Turtle