Anyone know of companys needing Power only or RV hauling

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
Best price I found renting was $140 a day. And the longest trailer they do is a 35 ft. Man this sucks, I'm this close lol. I would love to jump right in with crich with his great offer but I still have to pull 2 loads a month with the man I got the truck from. My routes run me up the east coast or normaly south west out of atlanta to interstate 10 to hoston tx, up 35 to O.K then east A.R T.N N.C. That trailer is made for tow dollys. It has a set or tire rails on the far outside of the trailer that the dollys roll in.The center of the trailer is flat where I could haul something like pipe or anything 3.5ft and under tall and long would be 40ft and width would be right at 95ins. Maybe we can work something out crich. He said I could haul what ever I wanted on his trailer as long as I did not damage any of the dollys. Also has space for piping on the top level between the braces that is strong enough to hold 12 285 pound dollys. What you think crich

I don't know I do not have brokerage authority yet I am just a carrier. Land star calls it hot freight and will terminate a driver who hauls freight like that and if your boss gets ****ed when my load can’t be unloaded till next day is he still going to tell you it’s ok?

My customer may have a problem with me booking freight under my company name and when a truck arrives it would say another name on the side. All my customers have a certificate of insurance on file listing them as a certificate holder they know the shipment is covered. Even if you made it passed the shipper a smart dot officer would notice two different company names on the bills and ask to see your leases with both companies. The least that would happen is I would lose a customer. That’s never a good thing.

Don’t worry my offer stands I will take you in at the end of January if you’re still interested. If you don't come up with your own trailer my offer will stand and if you do I will pay you 8% more. But touch base around the first of January I would rather wait 30,60 even 90 days for a good o/o who completes his obligations than start a relationship on the dark side.

Now if you or your partner has your own MC number, insurance, trailer and wanted to make some extra money you could contract me as a stay at home load planner my fee would be 8% for every load and I would expect the same payable terms as the customers I use offer you via direct deposit or I do take credit/debit cards. If you want to go that route then I could start loading you today. And all those above mentioned problems go away with just a few faxes. Everyone is on the same page as far as liability and what’s expected that way. As far as using the type of trailer you described I would have to see some pics to see it would possible and safe.

Rawhead

Active Expediter
Well I was going to get my own authority anyway and not use his cause well you know how it is. But I think for now what would make it easier for you and myself is run under your authority. Pretty much all I need is loads and a trailer. Personally I would rather get with someone like yourself instead of leasing on to a big company. They kind of forget sometimes that you are a person also. Even with me been driving a couple of years I would still like to play it safe and not have to do all the dispatching, and that side of the paper work until I got my feet alittle more wet for a better term. Plus 2 and 3 heads are better than one. We can help each other out on that end. For me getting with you would for a start get me a trailer and loads without taking the last bit of money I had doing the insurance and MC#. Also if I had a question or problem you basically have a partner to ask or talk with about it. The benefit for you would be the extra revenue. Your insurance would not go up at all because knock on wood I have not even had a parking ticket in 20 years. As far as Stehl Tow (( the guy I pull a couple loads for now )) he could care less what numbers was on the side of the truck just as long as I represent the Stehl Tow brand to his vendors. Maybe the only down side for you would be when I had one of his 5 day advarage loads we would not have the trailer that you provided to my truck it would be his trailer. Which again would not matter one bit to him but the dimensions of the freight that you and I could put on the trailer would differ some. Like I was saying it has support beams that run almost 4ft high and runs from side to side. That would be the only dimensions problem we would have which I dont see a big deal b/c we still have all the full length and width of the trailer perfect for pipe or general LTL partial loads. I guess the way to look at it is this. On my days off I'm pulling another trailer that you and myself can still put freight on and make money. I P.M ed you my contact info. If you want give me a call at your convenience after lunch tomorrow. We can put our heads together on it lol.

Last edited:

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
Oh yeah and how much will that teletrac cost me?

Not exactly sure I have 3 of them on my account but I participated in beta testing when they first come out and got my fees waived for several months.Before it was on the market its less than $100 per month cheaper than qual com but does the same thing plus it speaks the turn by turn directions if you want it to. shows you what lane you need to be in for upcoming exits etc. just a fancy gps that gives you two way comunication with dispatch for load assignments and does your paperless logs. they will have several add-ons to the basic system like vehicle diagonstics and such for an extra $5 per month pick what ever you want as long as you get the logging we are good.just tell you you want to subscribe to fleet director and they will hook you up. alot of carriers use qual com for a profit. I do not you get it at actual cost its yours forever
as long as you pay your bill.they bill you for it once a month so its not deducted from any pay you get.

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
Make the top half removable by cutting the supports along the bottom deck dont worry put stake pockets so you can sit it back on. have him install 3/4" playwood over the bottom deck run at least 2 strips of etrack the entire length. then take the top section and install I beam down the center attach a winch on rollers to it and make some sliding supports that you can attach extra straps to balance the pipe while its being loaded. cut each side support again install cylinders like they use on car haulers to raise and lower the top deck.get two 10 ft drop tarps cut eah one in half length wise so you end up with 4 sections that wil give you the drop on all four sides making it possible to tarp the whole load easier.

then on the bottom deck install stake pockets every 2-3' and install out riggers.when complete you will have 3 or 4 different type tailers in one