Anyone know of companys needing Power only or RV hauling

Rawhead

Active Expediter
Anyone know of company's needing Power only or RV hauling? I have a International sport chassis but my 40 ft trailer was stolen. Looks like insurance is not going to pay enough to get a new one so I will have to run a couple weeks without. Any Ideas????

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
If you have 1ton pickup, I seen an ad on tv for Starfleet looking to hire people immediately

Sent from my SPH-L900 using EO Forums mobile app

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Down around middelbury in area...rv central...there always begging for trucks ..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

TeamHutch

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Be prepared to drive back empty after delivery of rv. With out trailer you have very little back haul options. I've read they pay one way at roughly 1.25/1.35

TeamHutch

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I tried renting one once and they wanted 175 a day. Could have just been that place was a rip off.

PJ trailer has zero down 4.99 percent for 24 months. From what I have read they are one of the best

tknight

Veteran Expediter
175 a day for a trailer is robbery I used to rent one for tours at 140 a week and .03 a mile and that was from Ryder I could have saved if I had more time to shop around

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
I tried renting one once and they wanted 175 a day. Could have just been that place was a rip off.

PJ trailer has zero down 4.99 percent for 24 months. From what I have read they are one of the best

was that place in CO.? 175 a day seems kinda high. 30 days you could buy one for that rate

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
Anyone know of company's needing Power only or RV hauling? I have a International sport chassis but my 40 ft trailer was stolen. Looks like insurance is not going to pay enough to get a new one so I will have to run a couple weeks without. Any Ideas????

I will take you on supply you with a trailer and pay you 73% as long as you dont mind haveing a teletrac unit installed. www.teletrac.com and can be added to my insurance without a rate increase because of your driving record. I usally gross 2.00-4.00 per mile and get a minimum of 1500 miles per week with your type unit. if interested my name is charles my cell is 618-943-0262 I offer 50% when loaded and final settle within 3 days of receipt of scaned paperwork.Don't call if your just looking for a part time job.

Rawhead

Active Expediter
I will take you on supply you with a trailer and pay you 73% as long as you dont mind haveing a teletrac unit installed. www.teletrac.com and can be added to my insurance without a rate increase because of your driving record. I usally gross 2.00-4.00 per mile and get a minimum of 1500 miles per week with your type unit. if interested my name is charles my cell is 618-943-0262 I offer 50% when loaded and final settle within 3 days of receipt of scaned paperwork.Don't call if your just looking for a part time job.

Hey it sounds great to me. I'm located in south carolina. As long as I can get home once every 2 weeks I'm good. If my wheels ain't turning I'm not earning lol. My oldest daughter is a freshman at Clemson University so I got to roll. My contract will be up with the guys im with right now on Jan the 30th. I have never used the teletrac. Most of the guys talk about it like its the worst thing ever but I don't see why.

Rawhead

Active Expediter
Best price I found renting was $140 a day. And the longest trailer they do is a 35 ft. Man this sucks, I'm this close lol. I would love to jump right in with crich with his great offer but I still have to pull 2 loads a month with the man I got the truck from. My routes run me up the east coast or normaly south west out of atlanta to interstate 10 to hoston tx, up 35 to O.K then east A.R T.N N.C. That trailer is made for tow dollys. It has a set or tire rails on the far outside of the trailer that the dollys roll in.The center of the trailer is flat where I could haul something like pipe or anything 3.5ft and under tall and long would be 40ft and width would be right at 95ins. Maybe we can work something out crich. He said I could haul what ever I wanted on his trailer as long as I did not damage any of the dollys. Also has space for piping on the top level between the braces that is strong enough to hold 12 285 pound dollys. What you think crich

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Have you asked your guy about a buyout of your contract. Pay him so much per month for those two months ?
Unless CRich has an empty trailer he will rent you.
Or, look for trls for sale, used and see if you can rent, or rent to own, one.
Is CRich wiling to work you if you get a new trl ?

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
Perfect PM me your contact info and a fax number or email address.I have moved all kinds of trailers over the years and have come to the conculsion that the lighter the freight the more it pays so in order to stay outside of the box I would like to try something a little different. I need 1 driver to run 2 trucks at the same time since you were pulling a 40 foot gooseneck I will get you one of those if you prefer but I would like to see a flat straight pull a 24' van. I think I could market that set-up pretty well $2 min for the flat $2 min on the van load em both for $4 start moving with one and load the other enroute. 2 exclusive use trailers.I would call it a double d unit and if we can deck the freight in the van trailer we could actually be a tripple d. depending on the year of your truck we could just run coast to coast.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
My truck was ordered to be a 40' motorhome pulling a large trl.

500 hp, double framed, 20,000 steer axle.
Glad hands,seven wire plug to rear.

With triples experience, I've often thought if a pintle hook and checking into coast to coast pup. Possibly for my present carrier who has enough pups to spare me one.

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
My truck was ordered to be a 40' motorhome pulling a large trl.

500 hp, double framed, 20,000 steer axle.
Glad hands,seven wire plug to rear.

With triples experience, I've often thought if a pintle hook and checking into coast to coast pup. Possibly for my present carrier who has enough pups to spare me one.

Got any pics?

Rawhead

Active Expediter
Mine is a 2008. The 2 loads I carry for him a month normally only takes about 5 days. I am going to the shop tomorrow to play a little poker, I will get a pic of that particular trailer and post it. Will they allow pic's on the site?

Rawhead

Active Expediter
Cool the pic worked. Thats a pic we took at the beginning of 2012. I will get a pic up tomorrow of them dolly trailers.We can fit some cargo on there. Its just kind of weired dimensions lol.

Rawhead

Active Expediter
Have you asked your guy about a buyout of your contract. Pay him so much per month for those two months ?
Unless CRich has an empty trailer he will rent you.
Or, look for trls for sale, used and see if you can rent, or rent to own, one.
Is CRich wiling to work you if you get a new trl ?

I would like to do that zorry but Ben has been great to me and my family. I don't want to leave him hanging while the owner transfer is going on. I guess you can say I'm one of the loyal kind of guys lol. As far as working something out with CRich its up to him but if I'm not hauling for him it would not be a good idea for either of us. But if he"s going to be the new boss man then sure. CRich is right on the light loads. Weight is not what pays on this side of trucking. Heck the lighter the better/ Better fuel mileage and less were on your equipment. I'm also kind of tickled about being able to sleep in the truck after some slit modifications. At the end of the year you would be shocked at the money you have spent on motel rooms. Oh yeah and for the record again (( I hate a fricken thief )). lol

Last edited: