Anyo have feedback on C& M Transport?

tellico40

Seasoned Expediter
I am considering signing on team who has been approved through C&M Transport. Does anyone have feedback on this expediter...good and bad to help me wth this deision??

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
I live near several drivers from C&M and they can't stop raving about how great they are...Suposedly they only take on more trucks when they have add new freight customers.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I referred a friend to them over a year ago. He's still with them and he's still a friend so I guess things are mostly good at least.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Bugsy Siegel

Seasoned Expediter
I know they are located about a mile from my house, and that the two or three drivers who frequent these boards recommend them highly (still waiting on another opinion as the last driver said he'd only been with them a month or so and wanted to get more time before he gave a definate, positive feedback.)

Outside_the_Box

Seasoned Expediter
Jim,

C&M is a good company. They are a member of TEANA and they subscribe to the GPSNet 411 service. They were having some trouble keeping their trucks busy and lost some trucks. A few of their dispatchers are hard to work with but others are terrific. They are a company that gets the job done without all the BS the other companies require.
My one complaint was they deduct 3% of your settlement to pay for their Primary Liability insurance and that includes 3% of the fuel surcharge they pay you.
Overall I think they are a good choice and will be the closest you will get to being a true Independent Contractor.

klippencott

Expert Expediter
I had two of my trucks on with C&M for awhile. They are a great company. If you sign on with them you best be ready to work cause they will run your wheels off.

I have since moved both trucks but not because of anything C&M did. In both cases it was issues with the drivers. One had a serious illness in the family, I had to get rid of the other one due to various problems.