Anybody Familiar with DAYSTAR

AutonomyRex

Seasoned Expediter
HI,

I see a new company listed here on EO, DAYSTAR. Anybody heard of them?
The ad has no address, nor a info website. Called the number with no luck, Yes I know it it Sunday. Did a search here on EO, no luck either.

Thanks
Rex

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Spoke with a co owner last week. Tractor pulling season is about over and I'm wanting to get back in the expediting mix till bout Thanksgiving. i was advised in no uncertain terms that Daystar is "a Christian Company". So, quite prolly you are on your own on Sunday. I was also advised that their dispatch stops at 1800 each day.....and, when I asked THE question, the answer was......."you'll be loaded by then each day".

It was really difficult to hold my smile back.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Spoke with a co owner last week. Tractor pulling season is about over and I'm wanting to get back in the expediting mix till bout Thanksgiving. i was advised in no uncertain terms that Daystar is "a Christian Company". So, quite prolly you are on your own on Sunday. I was also advised that their dispatch stops at 1800 each day.....and, when I asked THE question, the answer was......."you'll be loaded by then each day".

It was really difficult to hold my smile back.

Hey Col, nightcreature is looking for a Co. Can you imagine? Two hard-to-get-along-with men (aka curmudgeons) in one truck! :D

AutonomyRex

Seasoned Expediter
Thx COL, appreciate the info....I suppose than it is to late to make a call here on the East Coast.
Drive Safe

Daystar1

Seasoned Expediter
Hello Everyone..... Yes, we tend to spend time with our families and church, etc. on Sunday's, but we are a 24/7 operation. I'm the co-owner, and my office number is 317-885-8810. Our dispatch line is 887-885-9311.

You can check us out on the web also, at Daystar Trucking, LLC - Home.

We give our owner's 75% of the gross, and pay for the cargo and liability. You can see what we offer on our ad on here. We pay our teams 50 loaded and 30 empty. We cover fuel, maintenance, everything.

If you have any questions, please send us an email, give us a call, or fill out our online questionnaire.

I have been in the industry for over 10 years, and feel this is a very, very good company to work for. We will open our books at anytime, and my door is always open. We treat our drivers like family. My father was a truck driver, and I know what it's like.

Look forward to hearing from ya'll in the near future.

Take Care,
Jason Roop
Daystar Trucking, LLC

AutonomyRex

Seasoned Expediter
Hi

Do you have Solo company drivers? What type of trucks do you have?
What is the avg rate per mile for all miles driven for your single O/O's at the 75% rate?
You also pay for base plates and qualcomm...or was it GPS only, maybe I read that wrong.

Thx...

Daystar1

Seasoned Expediter
Yes, we have solo company drivers. They average about 2600 per week (range 1800-3400). Most of our trucks are the Freightliner M2's. Testing out one Hino now. Waiting to see how that one goes.. Average RPM for the owner is $1.38. I usually get good rates because we do have a good on-time percentage.

I'll pay for the Qualcomm (We use Garmin's, dispatched version made for our fleet) and GPS tracking units, and installation. Also, we will pay for base plates.

Hope this answers your questions. Feel free to post more, email, or call.

Daystar1

Seasoned Expediter
Sorry, but we currently do not run any vans or sprinters in our fleet. I'm not ruling it out, we just don't have any currently.