Any other companies having problems with the MCP 200

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Are there any other companies using the MCP 200 Qualcomm besides FedEx and are you experiencing the same problems?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
We have them and mine works fine...but then i am in a van...but i do really like the scanner feature, and the GPS...thats 2 scanners and 3 GPS's in the van....:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am having no physical problems or technical problems either...but like Chef, mine isn't linked up with the ECM....we don't need to be...

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
The logging and ECM hook up don't seem to be a problem.
The problem is in them turning themselves on and off, load opps not coming through quickly, tracking not working, slow start up and layouts problem with the keyboard.
Our GPS is horrible. Takes forever to reroute and can't always find a route.
It's almost like they gave us the units that were returned for factory defects.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mine does take longer to boot up then the older model....load info...hard to tell if it is the QC or dispatch hitting the send button...I wasn't impressed with the GPS either....our price is only $30 a week and with scanner included...

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Mine does take longer to boot up then the older model....load info...hard to tell if it is the QC or dispatch hitting the send button...I wasn't impressed with the GPS either....our price is only $30 a week and with scanner included...

With all of the above problems as well as a lack of scanner AND an additional $5 per week, I would like to see some kind of statement from both FedEx AND Qualcomm stating their intentions on rectifying the current problems as well as, from FedEx, when we can expect the arrival of the scanners. Also, a reduction in price until they get the bugs worked out would be nice but I won't hold my breath.

If it were any other product that we had purchased, it would have been returned long ago but such as it is, we are at the mercy of BOTH companies and it's not a very comfortable position to be in......frustrating at the very least.