Any Info from A recruiter would be great.

MrPAC

Expert Expediter
Hi I am starting my plans to get out of my field of work and get into the expediting business. I deal in critical emergency situations all the time, I am a field service tech for a medical company, I drive an avg. of 1200 miles a week, PLUS approx. 7 to 11 hours of work a day. I have been doing this for the past 22 years. I have excellent customer relation skills, I have a very good 29 year driving record, I am in the process of obtaing my Class B. I am 47 years old, and I am looking at a year or so away from making the transistion. My question is what opportunities might I realisticly have to look foward with a quality expediting company? Thank You for any information that you could provide,
PC

X1_SRH

Expert Expediter
With excellent customer skills and a good work ethic, you would be a welcome addition to any expediting company. You state that you drive a lot, but you don't indicate what sized vehicle. A lot of companies require experience if you are looking at getting into a straight truck, so a sprinter or something along those lines may be your best option. Do a lot of homework - spend a lot of time in these forums, and get out and talk to drivers in truckstops or wherever you find them. It sounds like you have the ingredients to be successful, and plenty of time to make a well founded decision. Stay active on these forums and you are destined to learn a lot. Welcome to our world -X

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
MrPAC: Sounds like you'd be a van or mini-van operator now with a view toward a career in a straight truck. If not, just what are your aspirations in the field of transportation. Give us a few more details and a discussion of the opportunities, which you might wish to persue, will be forthcoming from many of us here