any expeditor lease operator companies

rdtrpn

Seasoned Expediter
Is there an expedite company that when hired with you can lease a straight truck or cargo van through that company? I use to drive for cr england and they had a lease program where essentially you we're an owner operator but instead of buying you leased. that is what i am looking for in an expedite.

Last edited:

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
any of you long time expediters want to chime in on this before it goes by the way side.

Can you go out and get your own truck lease? If things didn't work out with a carrier, and your truck lease was with them, it may not work out so well for you.

Rollinout2

Seasoned Expediter
Fleet Owner
ohhh, just climbed up off the floor. Newbie, if you can read, why would get into this???
Expedite is not viable enough to use operating capital in that way. Case in point. No one tools up like the EX ,if viable revenue is certain. And in expedite it is not. Any lease purchase offers on $200,000 WG trucks?? Ah no.
They make their livings on o/o's financial roller coaster rides.
The best part, when you go broke,there will be a fresh crop of newbies who couldn't comprehend what they read on the EO.
Or take advice by people who know. At the end of the day it's your choices that put you on the path to truck stop livin and financial woes. Enjoy the roller coaster ride.
wwweeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Has the Housing Mortage Mess not tought all of us a LESSON yet? Borrow borrow borrow, I can do this on someone elses nickle and pay WAY MORE THAN I SHOULD.

This has got to go down in January of 09 as one of the dumbest Posts of the year.

Lets see here, I do not have enough $ to put down on a Truck let alone have the credit to get approved, so let me see if I can lease own one so I can see how long I can survivie on Beans and Rice while hoping I can make the lease payment on something I might not ever own and if I do get it paid for it will be worth NOTHING.

To anyone who has never seen one of these Written Agreements YOUR SCREWED its all against you and for the LEASEE, not a single word in the Agreement protects you or your $ only the Leasee.

Amazing all the talk on the Radio and on EO and people still do not get it. Congratulations how you gona buy fuel, pay for breakdowns, layovers, Tow if you need one all on Comdata? And when the run your on does not cover any of those needs than what? Start Begging? And those Charges add up as well.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
rdtrpn, there is an old trucker axiom: Never lease from the man with the strings in his hand.

You stated you were with C.R. England. Did you have a lease purchase with them? If not, are you glad you didn't being that you parted ways? In my opinion, if you can't come up with a decent down payment, conventional financing and have several months reserves in the bank stay out of this business. Work for a fleet owner if you have some cash reserves or go back to truck load and save some money least you become another financial fatality statistic.

garman351

Expert Expediter
Is there an expedite company that when hired with you can lease a straight truck or cargo van through that company? I use to drive for cr england and they had a lease program where essentially you we're an owner operator but instead of buying you leased. that is what i am looking for in an expedite.

Go to work for Walmart! At least your home every night, nobody in their right mind would ever consider getting into this business especially right now. On top of driving you have to manage your business and there is a whole other bag of crap to deal with.

Garman

rdtrpn

Seasoned Expediter
ok ok ok, but my question isnt if its a good idea. Its are there any expeditor companies that lease through the company??? Not the fleet owner, the company. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

rickd

Seasoned Expediter
look at the ads here on the EO -- Click on the "FIND JOBS" tab, then find Expedite solutions from Indianapolis and Expedite services in Memphis.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
look at the ads here on the EO -- Click on the "FIND JOBS" tab, then find Expedite solutions from Indianapolis and Expedite services in Memphis.

And then be sure to do a 'search' on any companies you're considering doing business with.