another crazy ? for cargo van owners

foldem

Seasoned Expediter
ok i have about two months of back money for bills, fuel, etc.but still what scares me is if the van i bye has a major break down.so my ? is what kind of pay plan does ur company have.i know panther pay 45 percent on comdata card after pickup and then the rest after paperwork is complete.so if i could get info on other companys thanks

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some times Lady Luck plays a big role in our decisions out here...you can not always prepare for everything...it'll drive ya crazy....you have the back-up funds, just roll and have a little faith....the pay programs are not going to save your butt if you have the major breakdown anyhow...

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
ok i have about two months of back money for bills, fuel, etc.but still what scares me is if the van i bye has a major break down.so my ? is what kind of pay plan does ur company have.i know panther pay 45 percent on comdata card after pickup and then the rest after paperwork is complete.so if i could get info on other companys thanks

Bolt is a good company, a friend of mine is in a cv, he is averaging 5 to 6 runs a week. They have an main office in Toledo ,oh, and one in N or S Carolina, rumor has it they will open one in Tennesse, but I dont know for sure. The main office in toledo has showers, washer and dryer, and free plug ins in the lot to run ur hvac, or whatever, and I think a free computer in the office for drivers. give them a call.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Hey too bad you're not in Ontario. You could start with Dynamex on July 1st, and your first settlement would be on August 1st, covering the runs you did from July 1st to the 15th inclusive.

So you would need the funds to cover all your fuel and expenses for the first 31 days, and then you would get paid for 15 days, less their insurance and holdback and QC and all that good stuff. They were always paying a full half-month behind so there was something for them to keep, just in case they felt the need.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I have been self employed in one business or another for most of my adult life...I have always purchased my own medical/health insurance...I think alot of companies while not having their own plans have a connection with a insurance carrier that ha different plans that you can choose from...

As for "barrycare" helping truckers....LOL maybe if you quit and go on welfare....

Oh and Bolt has opened offices in Charlotte NC, Memphis TN, and New Orleans LA, all within the last month....