Another "crazy" expeditor

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Mine is Progressive also. In NJ they are the only ones that will insure a single van. Got it down to $9300 by paying the year in advance.

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I used to pay a bit under 3k for 1 mil primary liability and 100k cargo by paying it all upfront (I live in TN). Now I pay zero, compliments of Load One. :taunt2: :happydance:

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I used to pay a bit under 3k for 1 mil primary liability and 100k cargo by paying it all upfront (I live in TN). Now I pay zero, compliments of Load One. :taunt2: :happydance:
Nothing is free in capitalistic society. (well, maybe free packets of ketchup and mayo at condiments counter , even for those you gotta look both ways before grabbing them)
You pay one way or another :)

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mine is Progressive also. In NJ they are the only ones that will insure a single van. Got it down to $9300 by paying the year in advance.

I had British company insure me initially, but they were too much. Lloyd, I think.
Saved 2k going with 'gressive.
Northeast is horrible at enforcing anti-monopoly laws.
What can I say, liberals making money at the expense of unsuspecting public.

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And, i'd hate to admit that fact, actually. Also, some of you herd followers may want to look into a bit more of an aggressive career by looking at the possibilities, it can be very rewarding in a couple ways.
Aggressive carriers either use fees to cover their insurance expenses or make sure they get their share at the load rates to supplement.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Nothing is free in capitalistic society. (well, maybe free packets of ketchup and mayo at condiments counter , even for those you gotta look both ways before grabbing them)
You pay one way or another :)
The McDonalds in my town only leave straws and napkins out. You have to ask for condoms.

Reactions: VSprinter

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
And, i'd hate to admit that fact, actually. Also, some of you herd followers may want to look into a bit more of an aggressive career by looking at the possibilities, it can be very rewarding in a couple ways.
You lost me, but being g from Jersey, who knows? BTW, lived in NC, SC, AL & WV. Wished I had stayed in AL.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I had British company insure me initially, but they were too much. Lloyd, I think.
Saved 2k going with 'gressive.
Northeast is horrible at enforcing anti-monopoly laws.
What can I say, liberals making money at the expense of unsuspecting public.
Actually, my understanding is that Jersey "No Fault" laws make it so that if you are involved in an accident and lawyers see you carry 1,000,000 liability they will always go to court because Jersey juries will side against the truck every time.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Aggressive carriers either use fees to cover their insurance expenses or make sure they get their share at the load rates to supplement.
Have you thought that maybe, just maybe, some bigger companies are able to negotiate a much better insurance rate per vehicle than you and I can, just because they insure hundreds of vehicles, not just one? Same with fuel discounts, same with tire discounts.

Not all companies are out there trying to screw over their contractors. Hint: these companies are more difficult to lease to since they have a waiting list.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: xiggi

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Have you thought that maybe, just maybe, some bigger companies are able to negotiate a much better insurance rate per vehicle than you and I can, just because they insure hundreds of vehicles, not just one? Same with fuel discounts, same with tire discounts.

Not all companies are out there trying to screw over their contractors. Hint: these companies are more difficult to lease to since they have a waiting list.

Agreed....from a personal point isn't insuring 2 cars with an insurer usually worth a 2 car discount...Imagine what 100 would reap...

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Not the "waiting list"
They are telling you already who the boss will be in that relationship
If you don't behave, we have a list.
Do agree on the costs based on volume though.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Not the "waiting list"
I don't see it like that at all. I see it like this: they must be doing something good that people want to go there but there is no room because the people that are already there don't leave.

'The Fox and the Grapes' comes to mind....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not the "waiting list"
Not my experience at all. Sometimes I wonder if people that worry about who's in charge might not be predispositioned with that mindset. I've worked for big and small the only thing that concerned me was profit.

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not my experience at all. Sometimes I wonder if people that worry about who's in charge might not be predispositioned with that mindset. I've worked for big and small the only thing that concerned me was profit.
Worked for the "list company" mentioned above.
Cared about the profit, was told - "there is a list, if you don't take everything we give". Just coming straight from the experience at the "list company"

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just as another person working there also cared about the profit.
They liked people that don't question and asking for more miles, better loads.