Announcer removed

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's what the left has become. Dumber than dirt morons. Racist. Bigoted. Filled with hate.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I think you meant, The Left, liberal, give away the store, make everyone feel good. Perhaps when you were mentioning racist, bigoted and full of hate you meant to type "right"?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, there's nothing correct about racism, bigotry etc. which is why it's not associated with right but left.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Just read a Congress person from New York with a Jamaican heratige want the Columbus statue removed from Columbus Circle because when Columbus sailed thru the Carribean he did not treat the natives well and they're still tramatized by it 500+ years later.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: Hummer53 and Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
ESPN President John Skipper said, "there was never any concern" that Lee’s name "would offend anyone watching the Charlottesville game." The concern, Skipper explained, was for Lee and potential social media heckling.

So, Skipper took a potential and turned it into an absolute certainty. :confused2:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
ESPN President John Skipper said, "there was never any concern" that Lee’s name "would offend anyone watching the Charlottesville game." The concern, Skipper explained, was for Lee and potential social media heckling.

So, Skipper took a potential and turned it into an absolute certainty. :confused2:
So very true.....

Shame on Espn!

Reactions: Turtle

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
add to the list..the great Pyramids, and everything Egypt....most of the Itialian landmarks...all slave built...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
yep the Trojans have to go.....a symbol of slavery and inhuman treatment....
Yep, that too. The name of the USC Trojans' horse is almost the same except for a slightly different spelling of none other than Robert E. Lee's horse.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I guess this thread has become a depot for stories about announcers being removed from broadcasts because of their name, statues and horses' name being removed and changed, so I'll put this story here:
People that live in the Detroit area are familiar with the convention hall named the Cobo Center, previously called Cobo Hall.
Well, it looks like having that name, its days are numbered. Good bye Cobo Center.
Riley: Detroit mayor says convention center should be stripped of racist Cobo name ASAP

Reactions: RoadTime and Turtle