And what are you doing for Christmas?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I don't know where else to put this so I figure why not here.

This year I am rather greedy and somewhat selfish towards myself. I was going to buy a Sony Reader but instead decided to put some money into gifts for others.

I already got a Nintendo Wii some time ago, played the thing for a few hours, then boxed it up and gave it away. I have again procured another Nintendo Wii (thud! hitting it with my foot as I type) and going to drop it off one of the DV centers. I am also trying to help out a family who’s son is in Iraq. They were hit with hard times thanks to our great governor and she needs a job where she can work at home.

So anyone doing something like this?

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
Greg...you are AWESOME and have a huge heart!!!!!!!!!!!! I put up an 'angel tree' at our local DOllar General. It has 27 angels on it that list a child's clothing size & toy preferences. All these children live in my town and won't be receiving any presnts this year except for the ones on this tree. My husband & I bought each child an outfit & 1 toy to go along with whatever else the tree brings in. Everyone who took an angel off the tree has until the 22nd to bring back the present to the store. "Santa & his elf" (a.k.a. my husband & myself) will deliver the presents to each child on the 24th.

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
That's my favorite thing to do. Last year at the last minute I found
out that a child I know (who has deadbeat parents) was not getting
anything. Wound up buying him a bike, clothes, lots of other presents
from Santa.
This year an another family who is raising their grand children
received lots of gifts to put under the tree a couple weeks ago.

I have been doing this for years and it makes my heart happy.