And the March Expedite Trucking Numbers are in

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
From Stu's article,

March 2013 vs. March 2012 had the two fewer (10%) business days due to both Easter falling in March this year and how March weekends fell, so the 9% decrease in trip count can be explained due to the fewer business days. However, the revenue fell 13% which reflects a softening in the market year-over-year. It is important to note that March 2012 was a huge month last year, so it would have been great to match the strong performance of March 2012 in March 2013. Of more concern is the continuing softness in the rate per mile. We have heard of companies in the network who have chosen to cut rates to improve business volumes. No comment.

I'll help him with the "no comment". They are called "Bottom Feeders". ;)

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
I'm puzzled by the numbers slectus has posted in their article. In a chart toward the end of the article they are showing a total rate, linehaul+accesorials+fsc of under 2.10 a mile graph was not totally clear.

Anyhow, who's running that cheap crap? Maybe ifyou have your own authority, but on a 60% or even 70% contract that's not worth loading on the truck.

So does Sylectus = bottom feeders or am I missing something?

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
I love the part where it sais "capacity still does not equal demand", if that staement were true rates would be rising steadily which they aren't and have not been in the 7 years I've been around.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I love the part where it sais "capacity still does not equal demand", if that staement were true rates would be rising steadily which they aren't and have been in the 7 years I've been around.

Might be true, but they forgot to tell you that others outside of "expediting" are hauling expedited freight. That is why the rates aren't moving.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Might be true, but they forgot to tell you that others outside of "expediting" are hauling expedited freight. That is why the rates aren't moving.
to get to the clear answer, please replace the word "expediting" with the word "Sylectus".
what might be happening here is that smart carrier stay clear of the "Sylectus" network & keep their own high rollers costumers to themselves.
the Sylectus network aimed @ one thing & one thing only- moving fright for less. the lower rates simply state that the system works. brilliant.
{BTW, what makes you think that 'none Expediters' do not take part of the network?}
or you can blame the bunny...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
to get to the clear answer, please replace the word "expediting" with the word "Sylectus".
what might be happening here is that smart carrier stay clear of the "Sylectus" network & keep their own high rollers costumers to themselves.
the Sylectus network aimed @ one thing & one thing only- moving fright for less. the lower rates simply state that the system works. brilliant.
{BTW, what makes you think that 'none Expediters' do not take part of the network?}
or you can blame the bunny...

Simple. I know who is in the "network".