American Pharaoh

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
just won the triple crown. First time in 37 years!
Good for him.
smileys-horses-049293.gif

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Like so many champion race horses, American Pharoah was born in Kentucky. This might explain the odd spelling P-h-a-r-o-a-h. Anyone driving through Lexington, Ky might notice streets and boulevards named after equine all-stars like Man O' War Blvd, Citation Blvd, War Admiral, Secretariat, Sir Barton Way and many others. Driving tours through Central Kentucky's horse farms reveal a splendor which must be seen to be believed.

Reactions: paulnstef39

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Like so many champion race horses, American Pharoah was born in Kentucky. This might explain the odd spelling P-h-a-r-o-a-h.
Ouch! Kentucky doesn't come off looking very good there, especially since the name was inadvertently misspelled from the very beginning and simply got passed along without anyone noticing until it was too late to change it. :D

Reactions: mrgoodtude

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ouch! Kentucky doesn't come off looking very good there, especially since the name was inadvertently misspelled from the very beginning and simply got passed along without anyone noticing until it was too late to change it. :D
Non issue, . . Kentucky looks just fine!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Not to mention my least favorite term ever invented, Kentuckiana.

It's apparently really hard to say, "Greater Louisville" and have people know what you mean.

Greater Cincinnati isn't known as Ohkenana.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
I remember he had one HUGE gate, people paid big huge bucks to breed him..Send mares from NY in fact.. My job as a hand was to lend a hand... Having a Mike Rowe moment bout now.
People who work with animals for a living are so lucky. It must not feel like a job.