alternator

paperback1

Expert Expediter
WOW!! I didn't mean to start anything here, jeezzz... I'm happy that vince came to my defense, but I don't care if someone says something bad about me that's not true, I could care less. And Teacel, I wish I was super man(haha), and my signature is from an old Bobby Bear song that my father would sing when I was a boy, and boy is it true that kids turn into their parents:9 anyways, no more need for name calling or fighting, I'm a big boy, and no harm was done, I don't think I'll die. Well, hope freight is moving as good for everyone, been doing pretty good this yr so far, later:p

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I just thought of something along the lines of this subject. On Freightliner business class trucks the battery cable assemblies in the battery box like to give up the ghost after about 5-7 years. They fail internally, you can't see anything, and testing them with an ohm meter usually reveals nothing as once you move them around a little they make contact again and show good. This will cause a lot of funny problems such as intermittent starter cranking, low charge voltage, and individual batteries becoming drained when they in fact will hold a charge. They are not expensive, only about $20 ea. at the dealer or TruckPro or NAPA.
-Weave-