all-types

rodderno1

Expert Expediter
Im reading some negative feedback concerning all types expediting and was hoping someone could go into detail about the problems with this company . I am purchasing a sprinter in 2 weeks and I am set up to start running for this co. on the 10th of jan 06, heard negativity but no details any detailed info would be a great help in my decision making thanks for the help.....

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
KW Express
o/o till i die

Never ran for them but ive been a long time reader and from what i understand the problem is with collecting your pay from them.

if you do a search on here you should come up with the answers your looking for.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
rodderno1:

You've said you've read numerous negative posts here concerning the company to which you choose to enter into a lease agreement. Presuming that you've done your homework before making your choice, perhaps you would share with us, the positive reasons that led you to choose All-Types.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In the upper left corner area click 'conferences' so you get back to the main page. Then click 'search'. Then type in the word 'types'. Only search on the word types because some people write 'all-types' and others write 'all types' and this way you'll get both. This search will give some threads that don't pertain but that's the only way I know to get all the ones that do. Good luck.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
EO Forum Moderator 1+ Years of Service
Expediters Online.com - The Best is Getting Better!
-----
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

rodderno1

Expert Expediter
I called them from an add placed in a local mag. talked to recruiter who help me with my own questions and did not get negative feelings them however I am new to this game and felt goodbout them until I read the neg posts here, just disgruntal past employee?I do not know,only a couple posts in forums...plenty of carriers to run for who do you pick???

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
You might enjoy success in expediting by contacting all of the companies that operate in your area and choose the one that makes you feel the most comfortable with your $30,000+ Sprinter investment. It does not make much sense to interview only one recruiter before making your decision.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
From what I've read and heard from others who drove for them is how insurance is costing the drivers more than with the other companies. How they hold your pay or escrow, and cheat drivers out of miles driven. There are many, and most members who worked for them in the past only posted so other drivers know what the difference is.

Have you contacted other expedite companies and did you do a comparison?

BTW did you notice the legal notice at the bottom of the page? Most of the drivers will not say much in this forum because of the legalities behind it.

Do come back in 6 months and let us know how things are going for you as a driver for them, it may help set the record straight.

How did you find EO? How far back did you read the posts?

VWdriver

Expert Expediter
I was about a day late and a dollar short of signing on with them until. I read inbetween the lines of the requirements of signing on with them was. They double charge you for the Insurance, No Qualcom(great) but must have a Nextel for communications with dispatch and lastly all loads are one way HOTSHOT loads. And also its on your dime that you have to get back into the shipping lanes for loads. I would see if I could push back the purchase of the Sprinter and checkout other companies before you go any further with them.

Besides I was dealing with Stewart first and then out of nowhere this girl Allison took over for him. Alot of personal changes happening without notification of the O/O's signing on.

Also, look around your area for any local expeditors. They might give you a better sense of worth then All-Types.

IF ITS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS.

Good Luck,
vwdriver

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One Conversation with Stewart was all it took for me. All Types is a Courier Sevice trying to go Expediting. DO NOT SIGN ON WITH THEM!! Call around a lot of GOOD Companys will Jump at a chance for a Sprinter. Get Packets of info from More than one Carrier. Read them then read them again any Ouestions you have call them they will answer all Questions. Then make up your mind Sign on give them 90 days to see how they run you. If your happy then stay and enjoy.

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit Semi Retired
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones