All Types Expediting ~Craaaaaap~

KlanXX

Expert Expediter
hi, I'm from Detroit and I drive a cargo van for All Types (big mistake for signing with them)I drive a 97 Ford 250.
I've been with All Types for about 3 months and their runs are ridiculous. They pay me .80 flat per mile but their always late with payment or something is missing.But their insurance charges are messed up they charge me for some cargo or whatever insurance around $450 every 2 weeks.I cannot earn any money with them I barely cover my fuel costs.

I you guys can recommend any other company that would appreciated.
I'm 21 years old and don't have a CDL I know some companies require it.

Wish I knew about this site before I signed with them.

merkurfan

Expert Expediter
Thank you for shedding some light on all types. Please be sure to look for the member that is looking at signing with them. Perhaps you can share some stories with him so that he can make a informed choice.

As you your situation. Becuse your van is a 97 you have basically only one choice when it comes to the big carriers, pantherII. (check with other carriers listed on this site, they might take 97's) I signed with Panther after a talk with all types recuriter seemed to good. Panther will treat you right, if you can go in to Canada you'll probably be home almost every night ;) Getting a run in Detroit should not be a problem. However, you will need a hazmat endorsment. Some states have a regular license (Like yours) with a comercial/hazmat indorsment. Also known as a class C. Check with your DMV. Panther will let you start while the back ground check is going through but you must have a CDL.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Klanxx wrote
I'm from Detroit and I drive a cargo van for All Types (big mistake for signing with them)I drive a 97 Ford 250.
I've been with All Types for about 3 months and their runs are ridiculous. They pay me .80 flat per mile but their always late with payment or something is missing.But their insurance charges are messed up they charge me for some cargo or whatever insurance around $450 every 2 weeks.I cannot earn any money with them I barely cover my fuel costs.

I have yet to see a positive comment about these folks. Based on the above, they sound like a bunch of rip off artists. Too many other decent companies to have a relationship with. You would be smart to take your money and talents somewhere else.
Davekc
owner
20 years

woobergoober

Expert Expediter
KlanXX,

Try First Class Expediting or On Time Express; both are in the Metro area, and both have good reputations.

Scott