all things under the water

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Hello Divers;

Spear Hits Diver Near Brazil: Fishing Harpoon Struck Emerson De Oliveira Abreu Off Rio De Janeiro | World News | Sky News

Seen this on the local news when I was at the house a few days ago and went looking for the news video but could not find it..So ill give ya a link to a page i found,,I know most of you divers may have seen or heard about it as ya keep up with events of your hobbys...in case ya didn't link is above..
What a way to ruin a good day of fishing,,,very Lucky man..
Be Safe down there..

Scuba Thanks for the flags,,I will pass this on to ppl that I think are not aware of you guys lurking under our boats

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Talk about a freek accident wow. Youtube has a bunch of really cool shark videos where spear fishermen have their catch taken by a shark. I dove with one guy who has one such video posted its funny to watch. I talked a buddy of mine a novice diver to try the shark tank at Epcot Center this week. I suggest it to anyone that may be afraid of sharks it's a blast i have been taken that dive for the last 5 years on Thanksgiving.

trkr75

Seasoned Expediter
Funny story as far as dive flags go. My little brother and I were diving in Higgins Lake in Michigan, we were about 40 feet down and I felt something pulling on m dive flag rope. I motioned to him to wait there and I went to investigate... (was pulled to investigate is more like it) I tried to take my time on the way to the surface when I got there, there was a guy in his boat reeling in my line the flag and bouy was all ready in his boat. Talk about a funny face when I popped to the surface, he jumped back and just about @#$% himself. I asked what he was doing and he said he didn't know what this was so he was going to take it home. I explained what it was and he should be no closer then 100ft from it with a motor running and what could happen if the coast gaurd or local law caught him doing just that. He said he was sorry and tossed it all back in and left.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Ok here is the scoop I can get a boat charter for a dive starting @1800 on Wednesday the 8th of July I was hoping that it would coincide with the drivers appreciation but I just got an email from Jeff telling me he thinks it’s already set for the 2nd But if I can get 10 divers the shop says we can get another date the 8th is a regularly scheduled dive. But if we can’t get the 10 divers needed for our own boat then I’ll check to see if we can go out on the 2nd. The total cost of the dive with rental equipment will be less than $100.00 it’s a shallow wreck dive 30 to 40 feet of water watchers can come also for around $30 bucks so if only one of you dive the other spouse can come on the boat if they want to. This invitation is open to all expediters not just Panther so if you always wanted to do a lake Erie wreck dive this will be the time to do it. You can post your intent here and pm me your contact info so as we get closer to the date I can contact you directly.

trkr75

Seasoned Expediter
I am in. I will be there with bells.... make that fins on. I am loading the dive equipment back in the truck next time I get by the house.

:D