All Things Expedited... Anyone have any experience with this company?

RoadSaint

Expert Expediter
There is no disagree. Do you bid on loads? The shipper generally posts the load, rather than carriers posting the truck. As a dispatcher & O/O who has managed 2 different carriers, I bid loads all the time, and I've never posted a truck's location. I see a load where I have a truck available, and I place a bid on it, letting them know what kind of truck it is only when I place the bid. I feel like people think there is a system in place that doesn't exist for the majority of the market.

RoadSaint

Expert Expediter
EDIT: You know what, I'm sorry. I appologize. You've been doing this a long time, and so I'm sure you're very confident in what you "know". My information is unlikely to change that for you, so you're right, we'll just have to agree to disagree. Have a great day, be safe, and I wish you all the best. ;)

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
But that's the point. Shipper doesn't see 2 units where I'm at because they're not reporting their capacity to the shipper. And the second carrier isn't even putting a bid on it without your sayso, so that entire scenario is a work of fiction. It's a story made up by exclusive carriers that sounds legit on the surface, but doesn't hold up to even the most minor of scrutiny.
How do you know if that is true?

RoadSaint

Expert Expediter
How do you know if that is true?

Because I've been on the bidding/dispatching side of things. I know how the bidding process works, and I know there is no reporting to the shipper of where my trucks are at in the majority of small/multi-carriers. The large carriers have internal systems that show where all their trucks are via qualcomm, but even those aren't generally publically available to shippers or anyone outside of their own company. There ARE systems that will show capacity and available trucks to 3PLs and other members of a particular system, but the multi-carriers don't use them because they know they don't have exclusive access to those trucks, so said systems aren't useful to them. They get their loads through bids or direct customers. The bid boards don't require you to have your trucks posted on them in order to place bids. Many of the bid boards don't even have a WAY to post the position of your trucks/capacity.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
EDIT: You know what, I'm sorry. I appologize. You've been doing this a long time, and so I'm sure you're very confident in what you "know". My information is unlikely to change that for you, so you're right, we'll just have to agree to disagree. Have a great day, be safe, and I wish you all the best. ;)
I agree I'm not likely to sway you, your system works for you, if your good with it that's all that matters. See ya at there somewhere sometime.

Reactions: RoadSaint

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Guess we will just have to disagree, unless your carriers have direct customers wherever your at, your unit is posted somewhere.

Exactly! Smh. Two big issues one being the artificial supply vs demand situation. The other is the large amount of these carriers that operate with improper or flat out fraudulent insurance. Can the model be done legally? Yes but that is not how the majority operate or maintain compliance.

Back to the topic. This carrier and it's ten other names/carriers are bad news.

Conspiracy theories are best left for sci-if channel. LOL.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Because I've been on the bidding/dispatching side of things. I know how the bidding process works, and I know there is no reporting to the shipper of where my trucks are at in the majority of small/multi-carriers. The large carriers have internal systems that show where all their trucks are via qualcomm, but even those aren't generally publically available to shippers or anyone outside of their own company. There ARE systems that will show capacity and available trucks to 3PLs and other members of a particular system, but the multi-carriers don't use them because they know they don't have exclusive access to those trucks, so said systems aren't useful to them. They get their loads through bids or direct customers. The bid boards don't require you to have your trucks posted on them in order to place bids. Many of the bid boards don't even have a WAY to post the position of your trucks/capacity.
Not necessarily true, I have a friend who runs with the multi carriers. He shows up three different times with three different unit numbers on capacity search. Many of the multi carriers are members and have the vans they use listed.

Reactions: jelliott