air tabs

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
has anyone ever used air tabs on their truck? Was curious as to what results you had.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
they are small stick-on triagular shaped air flow pieces. They run ads on Dave Nemo radio show. I will have to check to see if they have a site.
They say it takes 80 of them to do a typical trailer

ClassicOne

Expert Expediter
you know..I saw those advertised in print. The theory sounds good and it makes some sense too but I haven't seen anyone try them yet. I was hoping that I'd see some big rigs by now.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I've read about air tabs too. Sounds good in theory. I'd like to know more about them in practice. I'd be willing to gamble the price and try them myself if I knew they could be easily removed without leaving marks on the box. But I don't know that so I'm holding off. Like they say, don't be the first one to walk through a minefield.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I have been on the lookout for them, but still haven't seen them. At the Louisville truck show they had white plastic ones, and said they had just come out with chrome ones. If I am not mistaken, I think they said you need 80 to do a trailer. Price is about 2 to 3 dollars a piece. I will keep looking.

Glen Rice

Veteran Expediter
OK, now I know what your talking about. Years ago, folks that ran em weren't impressed. But fuel costs today, they might be worth looking at! Just got off the phone with a buddy that heads up maintenance at WallMart and says save your money, slow down. There's your fuel savings in a nutshell.