Air froze

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I think my air suspension for the cab is frozen
Rough ride and its leaning into the sleeper seal hope it melts soon befor tearing the seal , that would certainly suck!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
It could have. If you can see it look to see if a control rod came off.
Not even sure you would have one.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Control rod is on valve is 2 weeks old, I rapped it with a hammer a few times if its ice is somewhere stuck in that 1/4 line I really dislike those quick plastic plug in lines I'd rather unscrew brass to check for air in lines than break the plastic connections

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Try some airline antifreeze. How often do you drain your tanks?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
You shouldn't have to break the plastic.
If the female fitting has a ring at the edge, it may push back and release the male air line.
Anything can break in very cold weather.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I usually drain once a week and dump my air bags at most pickup and delivery so they're pretty well drained ,I also installed a removable plug in my air tanks to add anti freeze to my system last winter makes it fast but hey it's pretty darn cold right now

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Id add the airline antifreeze, this is when its needed, I typically put in in BEFORE its needed if I know the air temps are going down below zero, its saved my butt the hassle of trying to work on it when its -10 outside....

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you have A high quality air dryer you will be good. Bendix AD-9 one of the best Wabco worst.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Agreed the AD-9 is easy to work on and service and a good unit..Think the after market rebuilders could do a little better on the spitter valve/heater element. Seems mine dont make much more then 9 months to 1 year before they stop resetting themselves. But its a easy fix once it starts leaking..
Anti-freeze canister is just a little insurance.