Air Bag lights on

patperkins

Seasoned Expediter
:(Hello All, I could use some help. I have a 2007 chevy c/v, My air bag indicator light just came on.(drivers side only).:eek: I called my mechanic to get fixed on Monday. In my owners manual it says the airbag could inflate without notice as well as not inflate when need in accident situation. Obviously I'm concerned about driving the van and having airbag deploy w/o warning. Driving the last few days in snow,slush,freezing rain etc is it possible sensor is malfunctioning and is just a reset issue. It also seems when airbags are involved, it could be costly. Any suggestions would be appreciated.:)

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
the most common air bag failures are from high resistance in wiring connectors. seat belt pretensioner circuits check the connections under the drivers seat. air bag system connectors are yellow, disconnect/ reconnect with ign. off then turn ign. on again. watch light on dash to flash 7 times then go out if all is ok.ck passenger side also. good luck
Tracy, ase master tech. for 35 yrs thank God i dont do that anymore!
ps never heard of air deploying by its self. but it most likley will not deploy if needed, when light is on.depends on year of vehicle and system type.

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Check the manual and find the location of the "breaker" for the air bag, it should be a tin can type fuse, and take it out ( mine has been unplugged for going on 3 yrs.) with no power going to it, i would be next to impossible for it to go off...

patperkins

Seasoned Expediter
:D Thanks for your help!!!!!Just got van back from mechanic bad sensor, cost me $207.00 to repair:(. Didn't feel comfortable taking fuse out in case I ever sold van or had someone else drive it (wife). Tried to find connectors under seat and couldn't find. Oh well what can you expect for 168,000 miles