Age and FedEx CC

rde1488

Seasoned Expediter
Anyone know if I want to solo, and want to take someone that is not a co-driver or truck driver with me on the road, what's the age requirement that FedEx CC has?

TRUCKMNGR

Seasoned Expediter
RDE1488, I am not sure about Fed Ex CC but I think for the most part and anybody please correct me but the age is about 12 and up. However, I am sure at that age there might be a clause about being a family member. I know here at All State our minimum is 12 years old. As always though this is per the insurance requirements, not our personal guidelines.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
For the benefit of those that might be eavesdropping, here is the answer to the same question that was asked in the General Forum.

Authorized passengers over the age of 21 are permitted in a FedEx Custom Critical vehicle while under dispatch when proof of passenger insurance has been filed with the FCC safety Department prior to the start of any trip. If you are found to have an unauthorized passenger or unqualified driver, you may be disqualified from operating any vehicle leased to FedEx Custom Critical

rde1488

Seasoned Expediter
Yeah well I had heard 18 from FedEx back in 2005, perhaps it did go up like terryandrene said so before.

My fiancee has insurance but she's barely turning 20 in March so yeah, I'd have to wait until next year.