Aerodynamic Truck

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I LIKE your thoughts on the CCW, which I have, but alas, I have to earn a living and I make a LOT of money on my Canadian work. One has to do what one has to do. If I were rich the Canadian work would not matter. Then again, if I were rich I would not need a truck either! LOL!!

Like I said, I like your ideas, but I likely won't be able to take advantage of them. IF, and it gets to be a much bigger IF with each passing day, that I were to buy a new truck it would likely have to be next year.

Again, even IF you can compete, and I really hope you can, I doubt I could justify the cost of a truck with today's restrictions on our business. Time will tell and I will watch your site closely.

moose

Veteran Expediter
4$ a Gallon advertised pump price.
6 Cents cash price discount {which we do get}=3.94
27 Cent's a gallon fuel tax {which we don't pay, can & will go up}=3.67
15 C/G carrier pre-negotiated discount{NASTC fuel card which is available for ALL Owner Operators actually give 40!} = "3.52$/G."
this is the base price for fuel saving calculator.
{or less}

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Has anyone ever heard of a Super-Dyno. Know where one is ?

Was told, by someone I would think would be reputable, that there are dyno's around where you could leave your truck to run a pre-set trip.

Say Denver to Grand Junction,Co. It would simulate the pulls and downgrades.

Sounds doable, and awesome.

Shepherd777

Rookie Expediter
Has anyone ever heard of a Super-Dyno. Know where one is ?

Was told, by someone I would think would be reputable, that there are dyno's around where you could leave your truck to run a pre-set trip.

Say Denver to Grand Junction,Co. It would simulate the pulls and downgrades.

Sounds doable, and awesome.

To what end?

How could this benefit an owner-operator?

I can already tell you what would happen:

1. - If you did not watch the manifold pressure, and had your foot into it climbing a grade, the engine would produce 100% power and something like 2.5-3.0 mpg.

2. - On a downgrade, if you took your foot off the accelerator, you would be at zero engine load and consuming no fuel.

Again, maybe I'm missing something, but how would this Super-Dyno help?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I take my Chicago-Omaha truck in because I've lost fuel economy.
The shop changes out a bad air-to-air cooler.
Rather than sending 2 people to retrieve the truck and run a 1000 mile turn to determine that was only a small part of the problem, the dyno may be a tool and check their work. Seeing there is still a problem they have another day to try and effect a repair.
The dyno could also help solve issues by removing variables, weather, traffic, and driver , from trouble shooting.

Just thought if a dealer had one available, it would be good to know.