Adding living quarters to a box truck

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
It is a lease to own designed exclusively for tst.
View attachment 5228

Thanks for the brochure, not sure I seen that one yet.
Driver rumor has it, Bolt is looking at the same program to get more ppl into the industry. I guess they had some sort of photo shoot at bolts yrd?????
Strickly a driver rumor tho so dont qoute me on that.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Truck Forward out of medina also has crew chief trucks and too offers a LTO on the same trucks and they are the ones with FDCC.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
The next biggest issue is Heating and cooling, getting enough airflow into your sleeping space, I would definelty forgo the shower, There available at most areas of the country via fuel stops for free.....having some fresh water capacity for whatever need, Would you want to add a Generator....if your going for the Budget then APU Is out, Winter might be better then summer as that areas gonna be heated by the sun even with a White Roof...putting a small window style A/C unit into the Sleeping area on an Extension cord but then you would need truck stops or campgrounds....

A

adele421

Seen several delivery trucks like this running around with these boxes.

mugurpe

Seasoned Expediter
I saw a truck for sale on craigslist not long ago, someone had converted half of the back of a 24' box truck ( it was aGMC T6500 cab over, with liftgate, FRP box and side-door) so it was quarters for 4, and a motorcycle repair bay at the back. Apparently a bunch of guys went in on it and used it for going to Daytona Beach and Laconia and whatknot for rides. So it's definitely been done, Im sure someone thought they where clever and posted some pictures somewhere.

dogsbed

Seasoned Expediter
What you want to do is very doable. I have a friend who runs a class 6 Ford (forget the model) with a 26 ft box. He took it to a trailer service shop and had a DOT compliant bulkhead built at the 16 ft point, leaving him with a 10 ft living space in front. He has RV toilet/shower, sink, bunk beds, fridge, microwave, etc in it. He's been expediting in this rig for over 8 years and it's stood up very well.