A reminder to all who post on the forum

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good point on the funny papers jaminjim. I've seen that too. I think you're right Tec1959, this has probably gone far enough. Maybe we need to take a poll. I think this is a very civil forum and a poll would show very few, if any, people offened by anything going on here.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
>THIS FUEL PRICE HAS GOT ME IN THE MOOD TO YELL

ME TOO!!! ARRRRRGHHHHH!!!! Ok, I admit it, I backslid. :+

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
> Leo in your example of the word fork,I will agree that it
>is probably not a good way to say it. but if I were to say
>that that he was a #$%&$$#@ then I don't think it should
>offend anyone. It is even used in the Sunday comics.

I doubt anyone will care about a (*^)^&%$%$# tossed in somewhere unless it's as obvious in context as the ones with just a little bit of m*sking in which case it then has no place. "That idea is *$@&*$#. That idea is &$#^&#@&$ ridiculous." The first one could be anything. The second one is pretty obvious even with the masking. The point is not to use a word that won't get past the censoring program and don't use the word masked either. Those few words can be checked at the door and cause zero loss to any post. Thank you for getting the point.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's still there. You still can't yell fire in a theater and here you can't use profanity or masked profanity that is still recognizable but you can yell about the fuel prices, ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Between high fuel prices and all the suffering that is going on in the coast, these kinds of issues are so far down the scale they aren't worth commenting on.

Davekc

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Ok folks, this has gone far enough, so I guess it's time for me to step in, and lock this thread, since all has been said that needs to be.

For what it's worth, the dictonary defines etiquette as "socially acceptable behavior". Acceptable, not set in stone. No one said anyone had to be gramatically correct, or have to put things in paragraphs, or had to not use caps. That was only a suggestion, a reminder of 'etiquette', or in other words, what is polite. BUT, when you signed up for this site, you agreed not to use profanity in posts, so that's a moot point.

I gave Leo the 'go-ahead' to post a reminder of posting etiquette, However, I do find it sad, that we get more responses to this than 3 or 4 requests for help, combined.

But then again, some people think it's socially acceptable to spit in public and urinate on the fuel island....:+

Thanks for voicing your opinions folks!

Dreamer
Forums Administrator
Expediters Online