A Pasta Question

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Now ladies, don't laugh. I'd like to know if you cook pasta on your truck and if you do, how do you cook it? I have a rice cooker but haven't used it much, is that something I could do in that? Convection oven in water??

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Ok, so I'm not going to put my convection oven in water....you know what I meant! Boy some people are just so literal.

:7 :7 :7

ihamner

Expert Expediter
I cook pasta in my rice cooker all the time. In order to keep it boiling I have to put the lid on it but angel hair pasta cooks in about 5 min in the rice cooker then I use the steamer basket part to drain the pasta and pour the water off.

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
America - Home of the free because of the brave!

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Thanks India for the reply, I'll have to give it a try, mine has an automatic shut-off that might get in the way!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Our Rice Cooker also has an automatic shut off but I have never had a problem. I also make my sauce in the rice cooker. That rice cooker as to be one our best investments!!

JasonandKim

Seasoned Expediter
I have been looking for a way to cook pasta. I have seen on line that you can get a rice/pasta cooker that works in the microwave. Has anyone used one? if so how well do they work? I bought the pasta cooker that was As on TV, they are 3 size containers that you fill with hot water and let set, but I had to boil water in the microwave 3x and dump the old water and add new to make it work. It took a long time. I always have my crock pot so I'm looking for something that will work and that does not take a lot of space

Jason and Kimberley Hebert
FedEx Custom Critical
D7017

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We use the Rice Cooker now as tried the rice cooker in the microwave but it just takes to long. I also had a problem if we where going down the road of the water sloshing out. With the Rice Cooker I can set the rice cooker down in the sink on a sink liner and I do not have any problems.

Hyperdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
When at home I cook my pasta and put it into portion size staorage bags and keep it in the freezer until I am ready to use it. Pour Boiliing water over it and it is ready to eat. My father taught me that little trick. :eek:

jamesjean

Seasoned Expediter
I know this was an old question but I have a tea pot or electric pot that will boil water and I make any kind of pasta you can buy in it. It is fast and easy to clean. I bought mine at Target for 14.00. It is great.