A New War In Israel

ATeam

Retired Expediter
They did.
They invaded. That's different than winning, which they have not done.

Russia is paying a very high price for it's murderous incursion into a sovereign nation. In addition to crippling military losses, Putin had to put down an internal mutiny sparked by this war that he started. The world was shocked by Putin's invasion of Ukraine, and even more shocked by the massive losses and failures Russia suffered on Ukraine soil. More recently, Ukraine is taking the battle to Russia. In addition to the thousands of bodies being shipped home, Russian citizens are receiving drone attacks in their own cities and ports.

I am frustrated by the limited aid the US has been sending to Ukraine. It seems the Biden administration and our allies have been giving Ukraine enough aid to not lose, but not enough to win. If it was up to me, I would give Ukraine the long-range weapons they need to better take the fight to the Russians and end this war with a decisive Russian defeat.

Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They invaded. That's different than winning, which they have not done.

Russia is paying a very high price for it's murderous incursion into a sovereign nation. In addition to crippling military losses, Putin had to put down an internal mutiny sparked by this war that he started. The world was shocked by Putin's invasion of Ukraine, and even more shocked by the massive losses and failures Russia suffered on Ukraine soil. More recently, Ukraine is taking the battle to Russia. In addition to the thousands of bodies being shipped home, Russian citizens are receiving drone attacks in their own cities and ports.

I am frustrated by the limited aid the US has been sending to Ukraine. It seems the Biden administration and our allies have been giving Ukraine enough aid to not lose, but not enough to win. If it was up to me, I would give Ukraine the long-range weapons they need to better take the fight to the Russians and end this war with a decisive Russian defeat.
Actually I was responding to the characterization of “crushing them”, which they have.
The Biden Administration believes the war can’t be one and doesn’t have an “off ramp” for peace. But let’s keep dumping another hundred billion in a lost cause.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A hospital in Gaza City was bombed yesterday, killing hundreds; who's to blame? Would the Hamas terrorists bomb Palestinians to gain sympathetic media coverage, inflame Muslim radicals everywhere, and delay the Israeli ground invasion? Or would the Isralis strike a possible Hamas civilian hideout right before Biden's ill-timed visit? This atrocity just doesn't seem like an accident considering the circumstances.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
A hospital in Gaza City was bombed yesterday, killing hundreds; who's to blame? Would the Hamas terrorists bomb Palestinians to gain sympathetic media coverage, inflame Muslim radicals everywhere, and delay the Israeli ground invasion? Or would the Isralis strike a possible Hamas civilian hideout right before Biden's ill-timed visit? This atrocity just doesn't seem like an accident considering the circumstances.

Sadly, it does not matter what the truth is. People are choosing to believe what they wish to believe about this. And the beliefs are highly consequential. Decades of simmering rage are coming to the surface as this war proceeds; not just locally but through the entire Mideast and beyond.

Reactions: RLENT

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sadly, it does not matter what the truth is. People are choosing to believe what they wish to believe about this.
That's certainly the case. The legacy media and certain politicians - like Reps Tlaib and Omar along with their willing accomplices in the mainstream media were quick to spread the Fake News that Israel had bombed the hospital and killed 500 or more innocents. Tlaib especially went out of her way to incite rioters and protesters by repeating the lie on X and in speeches, even after media outlets started retracting their mistakes and admitting the bomb was a rocket dud launched by Palestinian Islamic Jihad. The Biden DOJ seems to aggressively go after influential people who spread disinformation/misinformation; wonder if she'll be prosecuted for inciting riots and the incursions into government functions?