A great way for Newbies to start...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"Do your research" is the key. Look at this as a career just like accounting, mechanics, paralegal and any of many many other careers that you take at least months of schooling to get into. EO is one school for this. Read back a few years in each of the general, newbies and recruiter forums at the very least. That doesn't mean every word ever written but it does mean read every thread title and any of them that seem at all applicable and educational to you read every word. Know what you're getting into before you get into it.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Leo gives some great advice. In this case I am not sure this is for the new folks. I believe E1 requires six months recent experience for straights? Maybe someone can chime in if they changed that? If so, newbies would be out of the picture on this.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
As a Newer driver to Expediting I think the biggest piece of advice would be to have MONEY SAVED and available for the emergency, rainy day, Accident, etc...it can get expensive quick if you breakdown while under load in the middle of the night, so have a Plan, and the Money to pull you through the Bad days that WILL happen. Be Prepared !!!

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
As a Newer driver to Expediting I think the biggest piece of advice would be to have MONEY SAVED and available for the emergency, rainy day, Accident, etc...it can get expensive quick if you breakdown while under load in the middle of the night, so have a Plan, and the Money to pull you through the Bad days that WILL happen. Be Prepared !!!

Totally agree. Just finished a terrible experience with a co-driver who had no money starting out and it cost me money.

Lucky to have a good fleet owner. Hopefully can team with someone solid in the future and begin learning from a trainer who actually knows expediting and trucking in general.

Good fleet owner/check
Some money ahead/check
Decent co-driver/total fail

Last edited: