A Great Liftgate Mechanic in Dallas

ATeam

Retired Expediter
We recently had a liftgate failure in Dallas such that the truck could not be driven and stranded us on the road. A call to the Leyman HQ for help produced a referral to a Dallas dealer, W & B Service Company. A human being answered the phone when I called. The service manager there, Scott, immediately dispatched a mechanic. An hour or so later, the mechanic, Steve Andrews, arrived, coming from another road service call.

Steve removed the failed (burst) hydraulic hose and took it back to his shop to make a replacement. He returned with two hoses, one to replace the burst hose, and one to replace a similar hose that could go at any time. That was a good preventative maintenance move.

After the hoses were replaced and the liftgate was functioning again, Steve didn't leave. He went after that liftgate as if it was his own. He camped out for a bit under the truck, wiping excessive grease out of difficult corners, adding a wire tie here, putting reinforcing electrical tape there; all to tidy things up to keep problems from developing down the road.

On the street, he pulled out an arc welder from his truck, welded a crack that was developing, and reinforced another area that might develop problems later. We'd planned to have the gate looked at for that crack in a few days when we put the truck in for service. Having met Steve and seeing his competence, we told him to take care of it right there.

As we talked, I learned that his company does a lot of liftgate business. Based on our experience with Scott and Steve, I would not hesitate to have a liftgate installed or reparied by W & B Service in Dallas.

Before Steve left, he even provided a bag of floor-dry for us to use to clean up the oil that had leaked from the hose onto the street. That cleanup was especially important in the high-end residential neighborhood we were in. Our FedEx truck was there all day and neighbors kept a close eye on us. It was not the place to leave an oil spot behind. Steve helped with the clean-up and did not leave the swept-up residue behind. He took it with him, relieving us of a disposal problem.

In a word, from Steve Andrews we received top-notch service from a top-notch man.

Receiving the rapid and competent service we did took the sting out of the liftgate failure. It's nice to know about this company and I'd recommend W & B to anyone in need of the services they provide.

W & B has a web site that shows multiple locations in TX, LA, and OK. I can't speak about their other locatins, but if their Dallas shop is any indication, W & B in other cities may be worth checking out. They do reefer and truck body work as well.

W & B in Dallas can be reached at (214) 742-2471. Their web site is:

http://www.wbservice.com/

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
We have a team based in Dallas and I would recommend them as well. Both for liftgate and carrier reefer work. If you have a thermo-king, Steward and Stevens in Dallas is excellent as well.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator